NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
The Aruba Tourism Authority Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 11, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. EST on March 5, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). * The winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
*The Sweepstakes has been extended, and will end at 11:59:59 P.M. EST on March 8, 2014.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their state/province at time of entry or older and who are legal residents of the 50 United States (and Washington D.C.) and Canada , (excluding the Province of Quebec). Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Aruba Tourism Authority (“Sponsor” or “ATA”), The Concept Farm (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners, prize suppliers, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, participating vendors, dealers, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (all of the above collectively referred to as “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the households of each of them are not eligible to enter. "Household member" shall mean people who share the same residence at least 3 months a year. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- TWO (2) WAYS TO ENTER: VIA WEBSITE: Visit www.aruba.com/playonaruba, (a) Submit your first name, last name, date of birth and valid e-mail address and; (b) select your favorite Aruba Adventure (items (a) and (b) collectively “Entry”). VIA FACEBOOK.COM: Visit www.facebook.com/arubafans, (a) Submit your first name, last name, date of birth and valid e-mail address and; (b) select your favorite Aruba Adventure (items (a) and (b) collectively “Entry”). Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and Facebook.com logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries posted by a protected Facebook account will not be recognized. By submitting a Facebook Entry, each Entrant consents to receive, from the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator, a posted message on his/her Facebook wall page and, if applicable, a Facebook direct message, or e-mail notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential Prize Winner. Entrants will be required to have a public Facebook account in order to receive posts. You can change your settings back to “private” any time following the announcement of the winner. For the Facebook Terms, visit https://www.facebook.com/policies. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By submitting a Facebook Entry, you understand that you are submitting your information to Aruba Tourism Authority and not to Facebook. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant waives, discharges and fully releases Facebook from any and all liability associated with this Promotion. Individuals who enter via Facebook must be the authorized account holder of the Facebook account from which the Entry is made. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and Facebook logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. ET on March 5, 2014. * Limit one (1) Entry per person/Facebook Account/email address will be accepted regardless of entry method. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete Entries, all of which are void. Entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Any entry that is submitted with the use of an automated device will be void. Any Entrant who attempts to participate with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or uses any BOT, robotic, script, macro or other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper operation of this Sweepstakes, will be disqualified. Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry, entrant agrees to the terms of these Official Rules, the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement available at http://www.aruba.com/content/privacy-policy.*The Sweepstakes has been extended, and will end at 11:59:59 P.M. EST on March 8, 2014.
- RANDOM DRAWING/SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) random drawing will be conducted on or about March 7, 2014 from among all eligible entries received to select one (1) Aruba Land Adventure Prize Winner, one (1) Aruba Air Adventure Prize Winner and one (1) Aruba Sea Adventure Prize Winner (each, a “Potential Prize Winner”). The random drawing will be conducted by Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person, family or household.
Canadian Winner Obligations: If a Potential Prize Winner of the Sweepstakes resides in Canada, then that Prize Winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question, and the winner must do so without assistance, as a condition to collecting the prize. If a Canadian winner fails to do this, then the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, as per Canadian law.
- Winner Notification/Releases: Potential Prize Winners will be notified by U.S mail and/or email on or about March 10, 2014 by Sweepstakes Administrator. Prize notifications will be sent to the address provided by each Potential Winner on his/her entry form. Potential Prize Winners are required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and, unless prohibited by law, a Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) business days of notification attempt or prize may be forfeited. A potential Prize Winner may be disqualified under any the following circumstances; i) if he/she cannot be reached by Sponsor within the specified time period; ii) if Prize notification or email correspondence is returned as undeliverable; iii) if he/she is found to be ineligible; iv) if he/she does not return the required Affidavit/Release within required time period; and/or v) if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules. Prize Winners who reside in the U.S. will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes and will be issued a Form 1099-MISC as required by law. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. A selected potential Prize Winner will not be an official Prize Winner until his/her Affidavit and/or, if applicable, Publicity Release has been returned, and eligibility has been formally verified.
- PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): ONE (1) ARUBA LAND ADVENTURE PRIZE: A trip for Winner and one (1) guest to Aruba (“Trip”). Trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from a major airport near Winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Aruba; 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodations as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (one room, double occupancy), and Winner’s choice of Sponsor-designated “land-based” activities valued at up to $250.U.S. ARV of Aruba Land Adventure Prize: $4,000. U.S. ONE (1) ARUBA AIR ADVENTURE PRIZE: A trip for Winner and one (1) guest to Aruba (“Trip”). Trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from a major airport near Winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Aruba; 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodations as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (one room, double occupancy) and Winner’s choice of Sponsor-designated “air-based” activities valued at up to $250. U.S. ARV (“ARV”) of Aruba Air Adventure Prize: $4,000. U.S. ONE (1) ARUBA SEA ADVENTURE PRIZE: A trip for Winner and one (1) guest to Aruba (“Trip”). Trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from a major airport near Winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Aruba; 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodations as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (one room, double occupancy) and Winner’s choice of-Sponsor designated “sea-based” activities valued at up to $250. U.S. ARV of Aruba Sea Adventure Prize: $4,000. U.S. Total ARV of all prizes: $12,000. U.S. Prize Winners assume sole responsibility for all costs associated with any elements of the prizes not explicitly included as part of prize description, including without limitation, all applicable federal, state, international and local taxes (if any) or trip insurance, air and/or ground transportation to/from major airport near Winner's residence, ground transportation in and around destination city, hotel accommodations not specified as part of the prize, fees, surcharges, travel upgrades, meals, beverages, gratuities, sightseeing or other excursions, souvenirs, personal incidentals, and any other expenses not specified as a part of the prize stated herein. Prize Winners will be required to provide a valid major credit card upon hotel check and all in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, laundry services, telephone, internet, movies), meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the Prize Winner’s hotel room will be charged. Travel Companions (“Guests”) of Winners must have reached the age of majority in their state/province or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, and must sign a Liability and Publicity Release. Once a Guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except at the Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The specifics of all elements of the prizes stated herein shall be solely determined by Sponsor. Prizes may not be substituted except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of comparable or greater value in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any portion of a prize not used by a prize winner is forfeited and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Prizes being offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. The Sponsor has not made, and will not be responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary and hotel accommodations in its sole discretion. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to a Prize Winner's proximity to destination, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to that Prize Winner. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsors’ airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2014, and must be arranged with Sponsor a minimum of thirty (30) days in advance, and is subject to availability and Sponsors’ approval. If a Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Prize travel during time period, Prize winner forfeits the Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made cannot be altered except by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Prize Winners and Guests are responsible for obtaining any necessary forms of identification for international travel, such as passports, travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and guest must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Promotion Entities will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation. Promotion Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their respective agents to use winner’s name, city and likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, entrants release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from any and all liability or any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the use of any entry, or the acceptance or use of the Prize. Promotion Entities assume no liability or responsibility from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of this promotion or use or misuse of the Prize awarded hereunder. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If Sweepstakes Administrator determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Administrator reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the Prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at www.aruba.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action. NOTE: Internet registration must be made only at the authorized website addresses of www.aruba.com. Entries made by any other individual or entity and/or originating at any other Internet website including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and as such ruled ineligible for this Sweepstakes.
- INTERNET AND MOBILE: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Entrant is responsible for all on-line or wireless charges incurred with any Internet service provider and/or wireless carrier.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION ENTITIES, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, available after April 30, 2014, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “ATA Sweepstakes Winner,” C/o The Concept Farm, 43 W 24th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10010 (Vermont residents may omit postage). Requests must be received by June 31, 2014.
- SPONSOR: Aruba Tourism Authority, 100 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094
- SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: The Concept Farm, 43 W 24th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10010.
- APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules; entrants submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of those laws.