Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely Fabulous! Best horse back riding tour ever...

Thumbs up Absolutely Fabulous! Best horse back riding tour ever...

My sister and I are experienced riders and arranged a private tour with el paseo ranch. We chose this ranch because it had one of the best reviews of all horseback riding ranches. We wanted to go gallop that’s why we booked a private tour. It was by far the best experience we ever had to be on a horse while it was just running on the white sand. The hill, the rock formations, the hidden beach, EVERYTHING is just a must see! If you love horses and love adventure than this is truly the BEST TOUR you could go for. Be sure to ask for Eugene….you’ll just love him!

Aruba since 1979
    excellent
    glad you had a good time

riding in aruba is by far my "most favorite" activity

welcome to the forum

Thanks for sharing.. I am not an experienced rider... I want to do this in Aruba.... me and hubby .... would this be a ride that would suite us?

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Aruba since 1979
    i usually recommend folks reserve with "la ponderosa" they have great horses. they do a beach ride/countryside ride.

make sure that you tell the trail master that you are an inexperienced rider.

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    Thanks for sharing.. I am not an experienced rider... I want to do this in Aruba.... me and hubby .... would this be a ride that would suite us?

Lisa

Anyone know the age requirement? I have a 6 year old who wants to ride on the beach with me. I am very experienced, she is not. And how is La Ponderosa compaired to El Paseo ?

Rancho Notorious take you along Malmok beach. They will talk thru the water in low tide by the wreck. It looks fun. But bring sunscreen!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Rancho Notorious take you along Malmok beach. They will talk thru the water in low tide by the wreck. It looks fun. But bring sunscreen!!
    Do you know if they will allow my 6 year old to ride along with me? I would LOVE to ride on the beach in the ocean

Thanks Andrea, I enjoy reading your posts.

Regarding the age requirements you will have to contact the ranch, to verify.
    When returning from our private tour with El Paseo Ranch the group tour was just preparing to leave and they had children riding with them. I would guess a child riding along with her mother on a horse to be around the age of 5. But again, it's only a guess!

I will have to agree with Gladys7. Since we bought our time share at the Divi we have been coming to Aruba every year and have arranged a horseback tour every time. We decided this year to try out this new ranch El Paseo, mainly to experience a different trail and it was awesome! The sceneries are beautiful. We got to see a panoramic view of the island from a hill (not sure how that hill is called) and we got to lay stones along the coastline and stopped at a 'wishing well'. Overall it was a great ride, the best we have been on so far. They have good horses as well and the guides take snacks for the horses on the rides, it really shows that the staff love these horses. I got to ride blackie and my husband got to ride Cumbia....great horses!

Ooow and we too got Eugene as our guide. He is awesome! And Rodney is so amusing.

Aruba since 1979
    you should contact the ranches by email.
    as an experienced horseperson, i would never recommend a 6 yr old to ride alone.
    a 6 yr old does not have the strength to turn the horse.
    the pasos have a 240 lb weight carrylimit . if your weight and your daughter's weight combined do not go over 240, then she can ride with you at laponderosa and elpaso.
    also too insist on a helmet for her.
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dividiviprincess View Post
    Do you know if they will allow my 6 year old to ride along with me? I would LOVE to ride on the beach in the ocean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast