Aruba Beach

Thread: adult snorkel cruise

adult snorkel cruise

My husband and I want to book a cruise but would prefer to be with adults since we will be leaving our own children behind. This is our 20th wedding anniversary. We will be in Aruba the 28th of August - September 4th.

Aruba since 1979
    the TRANQUILO has few children aboard.
    my son and his wife were the youngest on board during christmas week.

cannot guarantee no kids, but it is a pretty good guess that there will be none at all or only a couple.
    http://www.aruba.com/ThingstoDo/Acti...ba_Diving.aspx

http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.

just checked this out looks great. Thanks

Try Roberto's he is in front of the Holiday Inn on the beach.He does private tours.
    Last edited by DANNYO; 07-16-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Be careful with the Tranquilo, they overbooked when we were there and we had a pretty bad experience with them. And if there are kids, the boat is too small to get away from them and it is a longer trip than most of the other tours.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Uh oh! We booked Tranquillo. I hope it is okay when we sail. My in-laws will definitely need seats. We are not snorkeling, though. We chose the sunset sail.

Banned
    Make sure you are on the first shuttle to the sail boat. There is only seating aound where Capt. Anthony sits and that is tight. It also depends on how many people is onboard. Most of the day is sitting while you sail down and back. Most people have to sit up on the deck under the main sail. This applies to the all-day sail/ snorkel trip to Spanish Lagoon. I would probably do a sunset sail though.
    Last edited by xobxdoc; 07-16-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xobxdoc View Post
    Make sure you are on the first shuttle to the sail boat. There is only seating aound where Capt. Anthony sits and that is tight. It also depends on how many people is onboard. Most of the day is sitting while you sail down and back. Most people have to sit up on the deck under the main sail. This applies to the all-day sail/ snorkel trip to Spanish Lagoon. I would probably do a sunset sail though.
    Despite my wife and I being the second couple there, we were shoved out of the way by people that knew you had to be on the first shuttle in order to get a seat. It's amazing how pushy and selfish people can be. I ended up with a pretty severe burn because I got stuck sitting in the sun for the better part of the day. Next time I want to go down there, I'll drive down and swim out.

Banned
    That's what I did this trip in week27. See my trip report. I won't ever do another snorkel/ sail again. Look Kent up! He is the man!

Banned
    Kent does not do this as a business. He enjoys taking people out snorkeling. He asks nothing in return. He showed us the best time. Even if he is not around, I am pretty familiar with the snorkeling spots and most are accessible from the beach. I used to like going to DePalm Island for the snorkeling but it is just so expensive it is not worth it. The snorkel/sail trips are nothing but a booze cruise with a little bit of snorkeling. Kids over 11 pay the same as adults and they are not getting that much snorkeling. Seeing the Antilla once is enough. Snorkeling at your own pace from the beaches north of the high rises.