Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By yankeekid51

Thread: Advance Open Water dive certificate - start online, finish in Aruba?

Advance Open Water dive certificate - start online, finish in Aruba?

Has anyone done the ecourses from Padi where you start your certification by taking classes online, then finish the practical dives in Aruba? Any good or bad experiences doing this?

Jon (husband) is certified, but only to go 60'. He wants to get his advanced certification. He is debating doing it here or in Aruba. I'm a little concerned at the 5 dives needed in the 10 days we are there since I have no interest in diving, but ultimately it will be up to him. I told him I would reach out to see if anyone has any thoughts. He definitely wants to avoid as much class time as possible, which is why we are looking into the elearning courses.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.uniquesportsaruba.com
    have jon contact Unique.
    they are a great outfit and they participate in the e-learning program.

paul, kevin and i are all advanced certified, but not e-learning participants.

arubalisa's daughter participated in padi course in aruba, but unsure if she did the e-learning part of it.
    maybe lisa will reply.

My daughter got her PADI open water and advanced open water certification through Aruba Watersports. She did not take advantage of the eLearning option since she was in school at the time, but I have no doubt it is the easiest way to go. Either way it is a certification well worth having.

I did my Open Water online and finished in Aruba with Red Sail Sports. Certification dives were spread out over three days. Each "day" was just an afternoon if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeekid51 View Post
    I did my Open Water online and finished in Aruba with Red Sail Sports. Certification dives were spread out over three days. Each "day" was just an afternoon if I recall correctly.
    Great, thanks so much. We were thinking it would be over 5 days, which was too many on a 11 day trip. 3 is much more do-able.
    Not sure when, but we will be back