Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Adventures in Aruba

I have done the parasailing and it was fun but, a one and done thing for me. My next trip, I hope to go horseback riding by the ocean. I think I will save the ATV/UTV trip to the 20 somethings in my group. A Jeep for the parents because we enjoyed this the last time.

Pedal Kayaking looks very cool. I'm always worried about getting back into something like that on the water should I fall out for some reason. I'm very paranoid about stuff like that. My level of adventurous is somewhere around CP's

My daughter plans to skydive in Aruba this year, most likely with my SIL.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I attempted Mountain Biking but was too out of shape to bike all the way up to the light house. I stop to rest and my noticed my pulse was racing so fast I had to stop and the guide agree it was not for me. So we just biked around the area which had some streets which were hilly up and down. A nice work out but I was dehydrated at the end and the guide did buy a couple of water bottles for us before we started. Now they have Electric Bikes at La Cabana so you can take a low impact tour to the butterfly farm or rent it and go on your own to Arashi Beach. I might try renting the electric bike in September.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    My husband has been trying to talk me into parasailing. We talked to a couple at our resort right after they came back from parasailing. She got motion sickness and hurled all over him while they were in the air. That was enough for me to hear. I do want to do Trikes next time. I hear that it is a blast.

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Name:  oops.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  2.4 KBHere's the only thing you have to worry about parasailing. Posted this awhile back for Hockey Mom. Last year when I did Trikes they had only one or two with the standard transmission. Most of the ones in our group were automatic transmissions. Either way it's a fun tour.
    Adventures in Aruba-trikes-aruba.jpg

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    On one of our first trips to Aruba we went on the ATV tour it was a lot of fun, DH drove I was his passenger. Also the Trikes-Aruba.com lots of fun once again DH driver, I his passenger. The helicopter tour was lots of fun and somehow not scary over the beautiful waters of Aruba would not do that anywhere in states.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Pedal Kayaking looks very cool. I'm always worried about getting back into something like that on the water should I fall out for some reason. I'm very paranoid about stuff like that. My level of adventurous is somewhere around CP's

My daughter plans to skydive in Aruba this year, most likely with my SIL.
    This week I started the kayak/skydiving diet. I have 8 months to get to a point that I can get myself back in the kayak. Not sure if skydiving will help motivate me to succeed or fail.

I did parasailing for Jon's birthday at another location the first year we were dating. I was shaking like a leaf at first but once you're up there it's pretty cool to look around. Getting dipped in the water at the end was fun too.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 03-15-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    we did parasailing and what i loved the most (other than the view) was the quiet!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-15-2017 at 09:52 PM. Reason: sorry for my typing...ipad ...yes, i will blame the iPad.

Tried snuba quit a few years ago and go panicky....so came back home and took scuba lessons !!! Haven't done any diving in Aruba, although have gone to Bonaire..So I guess Aruba made a diver out of me !!!!

The first trip to the island Dh and I walked up Haystack....cured me of that instantly ...especially when a couple young Arubans were running up and down it for exercise and on the second run up I had to tell them to slow down because they were making me look bad !!! When we reached the top they were waiting for us and clapped for me....
    Also did deep sea fishing for first time 3 years ago...loved loved it...Dh was so seasick the 2nd time I almost had the boat turn back for shore...but Dh hung in and said he would suffer through (and boy did he ever...). I would go again in a heartbeat....looking for that 5' long tuna !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast