Aruba Beach

Thread: Advice

Advice

So it is our first visit to Aruba, and we can't wait! We will arrive on 2-19-11. We don't do fancy and are very simple. Do we go on tours while we are there? We will go out a little but am staying the HI AI so we are not planning on spending allot of $ going out. Sitting in the sun on the beach is what we are looking forward to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kent

Aruba since 1979
    i would recommend taking a couple of hour tour.
    or rent a car and have some fun getting lost....which is always an adventure....
    drive yourselves to baby beach, alto vista chapel, california lighthouse...all can be done in a 5 hr timeframe including snorkeling at baby beach.

if you want a nice tour guide contact
    "taxidriver"
    or
    "cyrilo croes"
    on this forum

Thank you!!

We rented a jeep the first time we went and LOVED it. Its impossibe to get really lost and hte island is very safe to travel. Our last 5 trips we did NOT rent a car but would suggest doing so on the first trip. Enjoy!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/if-the...e-thing-33091/

check out these posts. click link!

I would definitly suggest one of the half day jeep tours, it is super fun and you get to see so much of the island that you won't see otherwise. Even after 5 trips we still typically do a half day tour just becuas ehtye are always fun and we always see something different, not to mention the tour guides with DePalm are always fun and have great insight!

We took a 2 hour private tour with Cherry last year and we loved it. It was our 6th trip to Aruba and we had never done that. We normally did not venture far off the property. You learn a lot about the island. We will probably do another one this year with Bully if he is available. I didn't know he did tours until I had already booked the one with Cherry--but still it was amazing.

I highly recommend the 1/2 day am snorkel trips. I went with RedSail, but they all go to the same spots. Also, DePalm island is nice, although it's a bit expensive. Definitely rent a jeep or take a jeep tour. We've done our own tours 2 times that we've been on the island and it's always a treat.