Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Affordable" Massage?

Unhappy "Affordable" Massage?

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while, first time to post.

This is my first time in Aruba, we're honeymooning. I must have done something funny to my neck because I have a terrible knot in it. It's bad enough where I can barely turn my head and it's quite painful. We're staying at the Marriott Stellaris and the spa looks somewhat average in quality yet pricey. I don't mind spending $$ on a massage, as long is it's quality.

Could someone recommend a spa that's either a great deal or of fantastic quality where I could get a massage? The knot keeps getting worse and I'm afraid I won't be able to turn my neck tomorrow.

On another note...I thought I read someone asking about the singer in the Stellaris lobby? I think I saw him last night. I didn't get a great look at him, but he had really long black hair. Is this the person in question?

Thanks,
    Asya

Aruba since 1979
    i have used the spa at the marriott (ocean club building)
    very pricey but good.
    (i had a gift certificate)

and yes the singer has long dark hair and he is very thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Asya View Post
    Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while, first time to post.

This is my first time in Aruba, we're honeymooning. I must have done something funny to my neck because I have a terrible knot in it. It's bad enough where I can barely turn my head and it's quite painful. We're staying at the Marriott Stellaris and the spa looks somewhat average in quality yet pricey. I don't mind spending $$ on a massage, as long is it's quality.

Could someone recommend a spa that's either a great deal or of fantastic quality where I could get a massage? The knot keeps getting worse and I'm afraid I won't be able to turn my neck tomorrow.

On another note...I thought I read someone asking about the singer in the Stellaris lobby? I think I saw him last night. I didn't get a great look at him, but he had really long black hair. Is this the person in question?

Thanks,
    Asya

Aruba since 1979
    Best Massage?

check out this thread.

Thanks Andrea, I'll take a look at that link.

I'll see if I can get the singer's name tonight if he's there.

On your honeymoon and you hurt your neck??? hummmm Must of been fun!

We take a walk on over to the Holiday Inn from Marriott Surf - not best looking place,
    but a good massage and cheaper.

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    "Nefanny" is not the least expensive massage you can get, but she is by far the best I have ever had. She has a little "spa" toward the highrise area nestled in this very tranquil yard with hummingbirds and butterflies, I swear it's like you stepped into a magical garden and someone will come pick you up if you don't have a car. We have gone there first thing for the past couple of years to start our trip as relaxed as possible. She offers several different types and you come out feeling like butter. In fact this year I was looking forward more to the massage than my margarita's...and that's saying something ha-ha...Hope you feel better soon!

massage

I have gone to Spa del Sol at Manchebo and the do great massages
    for about $90., not cheap but a vacation treat. Mary

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.nafanny.com/services.htm
    nafanny has a HUGE good reputation.

and $40 for a 30 minute back massage is pretty good!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grazizgreen View Post
    "Nefanny" is not the least expensive massage you can get, but she is by far the best I have ever had. She has a little "spa" toward the highrise area nestled in this very tranquil yard with hummingbirds and butterflies, I swear it's like you stepped into a magical garden and someone will come pick you up if you don't have a car. We have gone there first thing for the past couple of years to start our trip as relaxed as possible. She offers several different types and you come out feeling like butter. In fact this year I was looking forward more to the massage than my margarita's...and that's saying something ha-ha...Hope you feel better soon!

HI all!

I saw Fanny yesterday and I can now turn my head!

I've had many many massages in my life due to a bad back, and this one was great. I had a swedish massage, but she also used some hot stones and perhaps a bit of rolfing? It wasn't the slow, relaxing, massage I'm used to - it was very intense. At times I thought she was going to tie me into a pretzel! All in all, it really was great and I came out feeling like a wet noodle. My (overly cautious) husband sat (gaurding me ) under the beautiful huge palapa Fanny has in her yard. It truly was beautiful. Fanny herself was fantastic. Very nice lady with a very big heart. On the way to the spa she pointed out a very cool looking house. Apparently the guy who lives there is a garbage man, and every time he finds something interesting, he puts it in his yard. The yard has dolls, toys, mannequins, and all kinds of knick knacks. It's very cool.

Thank you everyone for recommending Fanny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast