Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Alcoholics Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Well - did you find it?
    Sorry for the delay! Yes, we found it with the help of some very good directions. I would strongly suggest that anyone wanting to go there in the evening, first locate it during the daytime and make note of the exact mileage from the nearest major intersection. It is not easy to spot at night while you are driving.

Here is my best effort at directions to the AA club in Noord from the low rise hotel area. Drive on highway 1 toward the high rise hotels. When they are directly to your left, you should come to a major intersection with a McDonalds on the left and a Wendys directly ahead of you. Turn right following the sign to Noord. Travel 2.3 Km (crossing highway 2) and you will come to a series of low buildings on the right. The club is the last one and there are two small flag poles in the front yard and a large triangle circle on the front.

The current meeting schedule (when we were here) is as follows:

Sunday at 12:30 PM
    Monday through Saturday at 7:30 AM
    Wednesday at 5:30 PM is a Womens Meeting
    Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00 PM

It is our understanding that all these meetings are Open.

Tom & Mary Margaret
    Last edited by GR8RYD; 11-26-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Corrected the Tuesday and Thursday evening meeting time to 7:00 PM

AA Meetings

Hi Everyone,

I've been going to Aruba a few times a year for the past 11 years, and I have never been to an AA meeting on the island, does anyone know where meetings are held or who I can contact for info? I tried to look it up online for the world meetings, but could not locate any in Aruba. Any help would be great!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Information on AA meetings on this tread. http://www.aruba.com/forum/f16/alcoh...onymous-42073/

AA Meetings on the island?

I'm looking for AA meetings on the island between the low rise and the high rise area. Does anyone know of any meetings around there or at any of the resorts? I'll be there Jan. 25th for 10 days. Any info or contact info is greatly appreciated!!!

AA Meetings on the island?

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know of any AA meetings between the low and high rise area? Any at the resorts, churches, beaches or halls? I'll be there Jan. 25 for 10 days, and would like to make my meetings while I'm there. If anyone can provide any information on meetings or who to contact, I would be deeply grateful for any suggestions!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=399159

here are some threads pertaining to AA meetings

andrea

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=399159

check out these threads
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ppoberg View Post
    Hey everyone!

Does anyone know of any AA meetings between the low and high rise area? Any at the resorts, churches, beaches or halls? I'll be there Jan. 25 for 10 days, and would like to make my meetings while I'm there. If anyone can provide any information on meetings or who to contact, I would be deeply grateful for any suggestions!

Aruba since 1979
    that link is not working!?!?!

i got this from another thread.
    information from Liz-arubalover
    Alcoholics Anonymous:
    Sabana Liber 8, Noord,
    Thurs. and Sat., 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
    Tel: (297) 583-8989

If you are going to the meeting at 8 pm you will definetly need landmarks. Its going to be dark at 8 pm (Aruba is very dark). If you were planning to drive, maybe call the phone # and ask if a member can meet you were you are staying to direct you. Personally I would take a taxi.

Here is my best effort at directions to the AA club in Noord from the low rise hotel area. Drive on highway 1 toward the high rise hotels. When they are directly to your left, you should come to a major intersection with a McDonalds on the left and a Wendys directly ahead of you. Turn right following the sign to Noord. Travel 2.3 Km (crossing highway 2) and you will come to a series of low buildings on the right. The club is the last one and there are two small flag poles in the front yard and a large triangle circle on the front.

The current meeting schedule (when we were here) is as follows:

Sunday at 12:30 PM
    Monday through Saturday at 7:30 AM
    Wednesday at 5:30 PM is a Womens Meeting
    Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00 PM

It is our understanding that all these meetings are Open.

Tom & Mary Margaret

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast