Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andicuri Beach

there were alot fish, coral some ways out, it would be an awesome place to go if one was an experienced diver. I didn't stay out too long, it was my third time ever snorkeling so i didnt want to push my luck!

Aruba since 1979
    From OMMI of Cooks Restaurant

directions!!!

Last year Andrea, Paul and I together with a few good friends drove arround on the north coast. This year we'll be doing this part of the island you're asking about. To get to Andicuri there are three ways.

1. Via Ayo rock formation. If you're driving toward Ayo Rock Formation stop in front of the rock formation's entrance. There is a house right in front of the entrance. Look straight ahead toward the dirt road. There is a dirt road going east. Keep driving toward that dirt road and stay on that road. It'll lead you straight to Andicuri. You may find a piece of land that is fenced out. You'll have to go thru that land to get to Andicuri. If they blocked it you'll need to take the second option described below.

2. The second way to get to Andicuri is as follows: We'll start at the entrance of the Ayo Rock Formation again. Looking toward the east at the dirt road to your left right after the house in front of the Ayo Rock Formation. Continue on that road untill you reach the third dirt road to your left. Keep driving on that dirt road until you reach the coast. Once at the coast line take the left turn on the dirt road and You'll see Andicuri Beach. If you take a right turn you'll drive toward Daimari, but you'll need a good jeep or ATV for that road to Daimari. It's a good adventure though.

3. The third way you'll need a good jeep or ATV but its fun. I've done it several time while racing on ATVs in the past. Get to the natural bridge. As you are arriving at the Natural Bridge while driving on the paved road, before you get to the first building take the dirt road on your right. Stay on that road and it'll lead you to Andicuri. I haven't driven those routes in a while so you may need an experienced driver for the third route except for options 1 and 2.

Have fun off-roading. Don't worry about getting lost. It's part of the adventure. If you're on the island give me a call and I'm happy to show you some nice routes back there.

Cheers.

Thank you to everyone!

Hi Lisa, first of all you need a 4x4 to go to those two places, when you are in front of the AYO rock formation you just have to take the dirt road that goes straight ,no left turn, no right turn (donkey sanctuary), you follow that dirt road you will reach ANDICURI BEACH, when you reach ANDICURI BEACH that same dirt road you have to follow along the coast and you will find the TRIPLE NATURAL BRIDGE and next to it you will find the BLACKSTONE BEACH. Very nice places to visit. Remember it is not allowed to swim at the North shore of ARUBA, the current of the sea can pull you out side and it will be difficult to swim back to shore, you have to be a good swimmer.

Thank you taxidriver sometimes my dreams get ahead of me!

Is this a dirt road with some compact hard packed dirt material or more like the sand trails over near the California sand dunes or paths up to Boca Grande and Bachelors beach.

We attempted this. Forget about it unless you have a high clearance vehicle 4 x 4. Just as bad if not worse as attempting the Natural Pool unless there is another road and we were on the wrong one.

Road to Natural Bridge

Arubalisa,

How is the regular road to Natural Bridge?
    Can I do this with an amigo compact car with no trouble?

Sounds like I shouldn't even attempt andicuri with an economy car.
    Won't even try it. Don't want to destroy a rental.

We did not do the Natural bridge this trip. Someone like taxidriver could tell you though. He takes his van there on a regular basis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12