Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone have any experience snorkeling at Baby Beach?

Anyone have any experience snorkeling at Baby Beach?

Please share your experience

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the forum

we love snorkeling baby beach especially early morning ( by 9) to avoid crowds and it is crowded on weekends!

we have seen lots of parrot fish, tangs, damsels, trigger, barracuda and many others.

It is a fun adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiaser View Post
    Please share your experience

That sounds great. How easy is it to enter and exit the water? Rocks? Big changes in depth?

IF you are going to Baby Beach

Aruba since 1979
    Entry is very easy. It is very sandy beach with a 50+ yard walk in knee deep water before u get to the area to snorkel. Lisa posted the warnings. Do not go thru the breakwater opening. Very strong currents beyond the opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiaser View Post
    That sounds great. How easy is it to enter and exit the water? Rocks? Big changes in depth?

Great advice in the posts above. Baby Beach is a place we wouldn't miss! The water is so calm and easy to enter that my brother proposed to his wife under water at Baby Beach!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Baby Beach is a must do for us every trip. We usually go on a weekday when crowds are at a minimum and always grab lunch at Big Momma's. This year we took a collapsible cooler that held all of our drinks and everyone brought their own snorkel gear. It's not really that expensive there for food, drink or even equipment rental.

Arashi Beach, Boca Catalina Beach, Light house
    We were there last week. Snorkling here is GREAT!! There are 2 roped off areas out where the rock break is. This is the best place for snorkling off to the left. The current is strong but not over bearing in the roped off area. If you go past this area though where the water is much deeper and colder the current is very strong!!

So did you go past the rope for the best snorkeling?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by solden_56 View Post
    We were there last week. Snorkling here is GREAT!! There are 2 roped off areas out where the rock break is. This is the best place for snorkling off to the left. The current is strong but not over bearing in the roped off area. If you go past this area though where the water is much deeper and colder the current is very strong!!
    I was just thinking it would be good to block off the dangerous area, I'm glad it's roped off now. Are there also signs like "Do not swim beyond this point"?

As tempting as it might be, I personally have a LOT of respect of Mother Nature. It's at the tip of the island and the currents can be so strong (from what I heard and read) that even experienced swimmers who grew up in Aruba know the dangers and avoid it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast