Aruba Beach

Thread: arikok park

arikok park

would someone please give me directions to the main entrance into arikok park or maybe it's like other sights just go, get lost and have fun.

If you are out for a day of site seeing you can start at the farthest point which is out towards Baby Beach. At the Big Red Anchor turn left and follow the road along the shore. You will come to Guardrikiri Cave first, then Fontein Cave and Indian Markings Boca Prins Beach is also close by. If you follow 7B out form Boca Prins you will see signs for the Miralamar Gold Mines, as well as a few more Indian Markings . If you stay on 7B it will take you through Santa Cruz and the jump onto 4B which takes you through Paradera and back towards the High Rises. You can also come in from the Natural Bridge and you can stop at the Donkey Sancturay, which is clearly marked . Shortly after the Donkey Sanctuary you will come to a crossroads that should be marked with directions to the gate for the Park. I think you turn left and follow the signs.....
    Or better yet, do like we do and just go and follow the sings to see where you end up. Things are marked a lot better now then when we first started going and we got lost quite a bit. Now it's a little easier.
    I would also suggest you jump on the www.BORCH.com website to purchase a water-repellent map that shows great detail and is clearly marked and easy to read. I purchased mine a few years ago and I think it was $12, but I still have it and take it back every year....has gotten m from point a to point b quite easily....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Michele!!! Would YOU be my tour guide?

We usually take the "easy" way out and just enter the park from the south as Michele mentioned (past the anchor). There are two nice beaches there are the very beginning of the coast, Bachelors and Boca Grande.

If you can stand the overwhelming heat, the Guadikiriri Cavein our minds was the best.

Also love Dos Playa

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    As Michele states: jump on the www.BORCH.com website to purchase a water-repellent map that shows great detail and is clearly marked and easy to read.

Folks this map is really incredible. I purchased one thinking, oh another aruba map, but its really great. Rob loves it, and I guess we have no more excuses to get lost....though thats kinda fun there. Arubalisa suggested it, and if she says its good....its good !

Arubalisa, thanks for the compliment, but really I was reading from the map...I started typing from memory...no way....I could not remember the names I needed to express, so I got the old trusty Borch map out to help with directions.....Although it really is quite easy to get to NP from NB, they have done a really good job putting up road signs, of course those of us that go alot and have gotten lost know how strangely the signs can be...you have to learn to figure out which direction the sign is pointing...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

At this moment the entrance to the arikok national park is close mayor work are being done especially the road,they should finish by end October

abj
    wow thats a great map. sure beats that poor excuse of a map that hertz gave us.

the park roads are blocked in different places. we had to drive all over the place to find our way around the park. didn't get to see everything i wanted in that area so i definatley have to get back there... . think it would take two days to see everything there.