Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BillStellaR

Thread: Arikok tour options

Arikok tour options

We will spend a full day at Arikok when we visit. Just wanted to get some opinions on what the best option to tour it is - we will have our rental car, but have also heard that there are guided walking tours and ATVs available to rent as well.

Anybody have any input on the best way to see Arikok?

Thanks!

http://www.arubanationalpark.org/

I would decide exactly what you want to see in the park.

There are guided tours of the caves. You can hike on your own all over the park, however be mindful of the fact that it is very very hot and probably not ideal to do for an entire day.

Due to rough waters, rocks and currents, swimming is discouraged along the coastline whether at Boca Prins or Dos Playa.

If you did not plan on going to the Natural Pool it will probably not take up a full day.

Thanks for the info Lisa!

I forgot to add, that if you did want to hike, depending upon how far you wanted to walk, if you did not want to tackle the natural pool, a nice route would be from the parking area at Boca Prins to the far beach at Dos Playa. It is a distance of approximately 1 1/2 miles each way. Wear a hot, take plenty of water and extra sunscreen.

You can have an excellent guided hiking tour in the park. It is well worth while. You need to meet the guide at the Info Centre at 7:30am and if possible ask for Rambo. Call the Park for a reservation. 585-1234. Rambo also told me that he does a hike to the Natural Pool too but I have not done it with him.
    Stella

Can a regular car (aka Hyundai or Toyota from Tropical Car Rental) make it to the Boca Prins parking area? Or do we need to get a SUV?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I forgot to add, that if you did want to hike, depending upon how far you wanted to walk, if you did not want to tackle the natural pool, a nice route would be from the parking area at Boca Prins to the far beach at Dos Playa. It is a distance of approximately 1 1/2 miles each way. Wear a hot, take plenty of water and extra sunscreen.

Aruba here we come!

You can get there in a regular car.