Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Aruba Bob Snorkeling Review - A can't miss for water lovers!

Aruba Bob Snorkeling Review - A can't miss for water lovers!

This has been the best water excursion we have done in our 5 trips. The snorkeling in Mangel Halto blows away the other spots we have seen. We tried to do Mangel Halto on our own last time but couldn't really figure out where to go safely so we decided to book this trip to use the water scooters and be guided to the best spots. We were amazed!

My husband is a certified diver and I have snorkeled a few times over the last few years but do not have a ton experience. This trip was perfect for both of our skill levels. He didn't get bored and it wasn't too much for me. The scooters do most of the work. The equipment provided is the best. My mask never leaked or fogged. You get a vest that you can choose to blow up or not.

I am not in the best physical shape so I was a little nervous not having done a long snorkel in the past. The tour guides (Kent and Kyra) made sure that every one of us knew that if we had any problems they would be right there to take us back in or whatever we needed. They provided thorough instructions and explanations of why things were done a certain way. We were given time to practice with the equipment and figure things out before we really got going. I felt well-informed and comfortable all along the way. We really just had a blast! Kent, Kyra, and Stuart are all very knowledgeable, but know how to have fun with their guests too.

We did not book a private tour, so we went out with 2 other couples. The level of service still made it feel like we were on a private tour (which they do offer as an option). One of the people in our group was a little nervous and she had one of the guides right by her side in certain spots to make sure she was able to enjoy the trip. Even with that personalized service, we never felt like it took away from the attention given to us.

Another huge positive of this tour is the photography. They take tons of pictures and send you a link by email. We received over 350 pictures from our trip, and the best part was they were included in the already reasonable price!

One bit of advice - do yourself a favor and be honest when you fill out your reservation form. If you haven’t snorkeled or someone in your group has some fear, be sure to say that in the comments on your reservation. It was obvious they were familiar with our skill levels and planned specifically for us. By letting them know about your group in advance they can do a better job of matching you with a group of similar skill levels. They do take out first timers, but I think to get the most out of this trip you should practice with a snorkel and mask before you go.

This is a “can’t miss” tour for water lovers! We will do it again in the future.
    Aruba Bob Snorkeling Review - A can't miss for water lovers!-couple3.jpgAruba Bob Snorkeling Review - A can't miss for water lovers!-q-44-.jpgAruba Bob Snorkeling Review - A can't miss for water lovers!-p2240031.jpg
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 03-03-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: fixed some missing words
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I'm not a big fan of snorkeling, but a trip with Aruba Bob changed that. A great trip and very knowledgeable and courteous guides.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Some day I would like to give this a try. I've only snorkled the one time and feel like I could use a little more practice!! It looks like fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Some day I would like to give this a try. I've only snorkled the one time and feel like I could use a little more practice!! It looks like fun though.
    My advice would be to practice in the shallow, calm water at Baby Beach, there is a lot to see there.

Aruba since 1979
    an absolute Must Do

I did the trip with Kent a few years ago but i want to do one more time and then try the night snorkel with them.

I was a little nervous at first and was really looking in front of me more than looking down. I would love to do it again to see what I missed. My husband wants to do the night one too. We'll see

I posted some photos over in the photos/videos section

Aruba since 1979
    maybe in May peg, we can head to baby beach for some snorkeling!!!
    we'll drive!
    easy and calm waters
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post

OK, can't wait now! We're scheduled with them in April.

And your pics are awesome!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Top notch tour guides and tours!
    great Gig, hats off to Kent and Stuart
    my family loved itGreat report Tracey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast