Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aruba Bob Snorkeling Tour

Aruba Bob Snorkeling Tour

We are considering booking a trip with Aruba Bob the end of the month. Upon contacting him he told us everything that was included and then also stated that the tour is a pretty adventurous one and if we were not good swimmers in fairly choppy waters we might want to book a private tour. We have snorkeled before in Curaçao, St. Martin and Anguilla, all from off the shore and mostly in calm waters. How far off the shore is this trip and for those of you who have done it did you have any problems? There was also a comment about people that have sea sickness might not want to do the trip due to the mostly choppy waters. We love to snorkel but I am a little bit apprehensive as I do get seasick on boats, plus we would consider ourselves decent swimmers but if the water is really rough maybe not as good as we think. Can anyone offer any insight or advice?

Aruba since 1979
    The distance is probably 200 yds, maybe more. There is a current and if one is snorkeling without assistance of the propulsion devices it would be probably difficult.
    I think it is an awesome adventure and maybe private is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    We are considering booking a trip with Aruba Bob the end of the month. Upon contacting him he told us everything that was included and then also stated that the tour is a pretty adventurous one and if we were not good swimmers in fairly choppy waters we might want to book a private tour. We have snorkeled before in Curaçao, St. Martin and Anguilla, all from off the shore and mostly in calm waters. How far off the shore is this trip and for those of you who have done it did you have any problems? There was also a comment about people that have sea sickness might not want to do the trip due to the mostly choppy waters. We love to snorkel but I am a little bit apprehensive as I do get seasick on boats, plus we would consider ourselves decent swimmers but if the water is really rough maybe not as good as we think. Can anyone offer any insight or advice?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My daughters and husband have all done this tour. Daughters 2X
    They all agreed they had no problems. The first time they went the water was a bit choppy, it was just the 3 of them and Kent stayed with them, by their side the whole time. It wasn't booked as a private tour but ended up as one.
    To this day they still talk about how great it was.
    I wouldn't worry to much. Just say if it's to choppy when you go out you want to stay a bit more in shallow water.
    Enjoy, it's one of the best tours on the island and shouldn't be missed. Both Stuart and Kdnt are great guys. Kent, a good friend!

I can't comment on seasickness, as neither of us has ever had an issue. The day we went out is was not very choppy. In my opinion, this tour is not to be missed. They go at your pace and have safety and comfort in mind for all of their guests at all times. The equipment is excellent. My mask did not leak or fog up. They have booties and fins included. Wet suits are available for a small fee. My husband chose to use one, but I was fine without it. They do an intro to the scooters in the water and you don't go out until everyone is comfortable using them. We went out with a group of 6, not private, but it sure felt that way. We had one snorkeler in the group that was apprehensive so our 1 of our 2 guides spent quite a bit of 1 on 1 time with her. This worked out fine because only 1 person had an issue, so we never felt like we were missing any service aspects of the tour. I'm just speculating here, but I think they recommend private tours if you aren't comfortable in choppy waters so you can go at your own pace, without others in the group being held back and you will be more comfortable saying you want to turn back or go slower. The guides told us exactly what to expect every step of the way. There is one place when we first went out that I felt the current was pretty strong, but they had told us to expect it so I knew we would be through it so it really didn't concern me.

We are both good swimmers, but I am out of shape. The hand held scooters really make the distance seem like a non-issue. In the videos on their website, you see the guides diving down, but not everyone does that. I was happy staying on the surface.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-07-2016 at 11:46 PM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Here is a link to the review I wrote right after our trip Aruba Bob Snorkeling Review - A can't miss for water lovers!

My 9 yr old pretty good swimmer (but not a strong swimmer) loved the tour and had no problems. They (son and husband) did do a private tour, just seemed worth the extra money with a little one. They both are going again in March, by far their favorite tour on the island.

We did the Aruba Bob tour this past summer for my birthday and it turned into a private tour (thanks Kent ). Stewart took really good care of us and we had a fantastic time. Although we have done Jolly Pirates, Mi Dushi and Black Pearl and liked them all, I would say that this is the best tour on the island. Awesome personal service, extremely safe, and very knowledgeable staff. Plus the area you dive in has much more sea life than the regular snorkel boat stops. My wife suffers from motion sickness and the day we went out it was a bit choppy. She did okay, but said after that she wished she had taken something before we set out. You are also provided with a link to great pictures of your adventure a day or two after the trip.

When I went the water was choppy but Manageable. However, as I went in deeper the current were stronger and a waived came out of no where and knocked me down. I swallowed water as I was caught off guard but it was just Stuart and I so he looked after me.

Thank you for your responses. We are definitely considering the tour but are unsure if we should do a private or group tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    Thank you for your responses. We are definitely considering the tour but are unsure if we should do a private or group tour.
    I think if you are unsure, I would lean towards private. Their prices are very reasonable and then you would have no question that would be able to go exactly at your own pace and where you are comfortable. Keep in mind the prices include over 100 amazing pictures. Let us know what you decide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast