Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: aruba vacation park...water park.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Good morning,

Water parks in Aruba. Not again!

Discussion, talk, argument, opinion and enthusiasm (or lack of it) about this type of attraction surfaces every now and then.

My own opinion, and that's all it is, is straight-forward. Aruba is not central Florida, and while water parks are an attraction in that part of the sunshine state, I find them almost a waste in Aruba, or indeed anywhere in the Caribbean.

A couple of questions for you, but I might be preaching to the converted here.

If you'd never been to Aruba before, would the fact that it has or does not have a water park be any kind of a factor in deciding whether to go or not.

Frequent visitor or first timer, would you go to the water park more than once?

They are expensive to build, very expensive to maintain and I just don't think there is anough business, from both Arubans and visitors, to support it.

Hopefully, we are not going to see the Aruban landscape dotted with defunct water parks. Again, just one person's opinion.

Glenn

Aruba since 1979
    my thoughts.....the now defunct water park was priced very high......unaffordable to many, including aruba residents. it was not a good idea to price it high and not a good idea to put it in the area where it is. they were aiming for tourist business and ignoring the local people. at the inception, i thought it was a huge white elephant even before they turned the water on. i could not imagine that enough aruba tourists would leave their resorts, spend some big $ and utilize the facility. but i have been wrong many many times over.

my answers to your questions:
    no
    and
    no

i may go once. i do LOVE slides.

i do like the idea that this new water park is reasonably priced, out of the tourist area and earmarked for the residents. i love the idea that the aruban kids and sliding adults have something pretty cool and fun earmarked for them.

i figure it is like the american fast food chains on the island.
    many love them. many hate them. many arubans love them and want them there.......so why not a waterpark for them and if we the tourists are not interested, we stay away as many stay away from mickey d's?

good thoughts/post glenn thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning,

Water parks in Aruba. Not again!

Discussion, talk, argument, opinion and enthusiasm (or lack of it) about this type of attraction surfaces every now and then.

My own opinion, and that's all it is, is straight-forward. Aruba is not central Florida, and while water parks are an attraction in that part of the sunshine state, I find them almost a waste in Aruba, or indeed anywhere in the Caribbean.

A couple of questions for you, but I might be preaching to the converted here.

If you'd never been to Aruba before, would the fact that it has or does not have a water park be any kind of a factor in deciding whether to go or not.

Frequent visitor or first timer, would you go to the water park more than once?

They are expensive to build, very expensive to maintain and I just don't think there is anough business, from both Arubans and visitors, to support it.

Hopefully, we are not going to see the Aruban landscape dotted with defunct water parks. Again, just one person's opinion.

Glenn
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Perfectly said Andrea,
    To be honest for the Arubans the new water park at Hooiberg is a wonderful thing because there is not much for families and kids to do all year round. The Morgan Island concept was to high and they did not do their math correctly. I went to Morgans island more than a dozen times. The birthday specials were great and after the loss of business they went down in price but at that time it was to late. There is no water park by LaCabana it was closed more than 2 years ago.
    I am looking forward next Sunday to a family water park sensation with my kids who love slides.

Enjoy Aruba it has a lot to offer
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Munzenhofer View Post
    Perfectly said Andrea,
    To be honest for the Arubans the new water park at Hooiberg is a wonderful thing because there is not much for families and kids to do all year round. The Morgan Island concept was to high and they did not do their math correctly. I went to Morgans island more than a dozen times. The birthday specials were great and after the loss of business they went down in price but at that time it was to late. There is no water park by LaCabana it was closed more than 2 years ago.
    I am looking forward next Sunday to a family water park sensation with my kids who love slides.

Enjoy Aruba it has a lot to offer

Good morning again,

It is true that we all have our opinions, but it is also true that some peoples' opinions carry a little more weight than the rest of us. That is the case here.

Angela, you bring to the forum a perspective the rest of us cannot match. Your views on the water parks have more credibilty because you live there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn

Does anyone know the prices for the park? Doesn't look like much of a park but if the price is right it might be worth a stop with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaRookie View Post
    Does anyone know the prices for the park? Doesn't look like much of a park but if the price is right it might be worth a stop with the kids.
    From the photos I have seen it may be a bit more impressive than you think Of course it would not compare to some of the U.S. waterparks which cover acres upon acres. Prices I believe will be commensurate with that.

"1,500 m2 pool with a water castle framed by two towers, 5 brand new slides, a 1,000 liter water bucket, a mushroom waterfall, built in water guns and a 2000 m2 sun deck "

There is a video on the page at http://www.arubavacationpark.com/aruba-waterpark/

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/AquaventureAruba
    here is their facebook site

they are having a ticket giveaway!
    i hope this place is a success.

Aruba since 1979

Officially Opened yesterday

They had MANY Aruban sliders/swimmers/waders.

Photo is from their facebook page.

I wish this place much success.

The Aruban kids will have much enjoyment from this place.
    The adults and tourists too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aruba vacation park...water park.-418555_519182431428980_1140700108_n.jpg  

We took our 4 and 6 year old grandchildren to the new water park today. They had already been to De Palm Island twice. They actually liked the new water park better. Today was a Friday and it wasn't very crowded. Bully took us both ways (fare one way from La Cabana was $17). But we only paid a little over $50 for the 4 of us to get in and that included the kids' lunch. That compares with over $300 for our trip to De Palm Island. There is a bar as well as a variety of food options. All in all, for the 4 of us, this was more like a $100 trip rather than a $300 trip. Our grandchildren are too young to take advantage of some of De Palm Island's other attractions. You have to be 10 to ride on the banana boat there. This was Bully's first trip to the water park. Let's just say the water park needs better signage. If you're driving yourself make sure you have good directions.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for the update !

per your avatar........you look way too young to be a grandparent.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    We took our 4 and 6 year old grandchildren to the new water park today. They had already been to De Palm Island twice. They actually liked the new water park better. Today was a Friday and it wasn't very crowded. Bully took us both ways (fare one way from La Cabana was $17). But we only paid a little over $50 for the 4 of us to get in and that included the kids' lunch. That compares with over $300 for our trip to De Palm Island. There is a bar as well as a variety of food options. All in all, for the 4 of us, this was more like a $100 trip rather than a $300 trip. Our grandchildren are too young to take advantage of some of De Palm Island's other attractions. You have to be 10 to ride on the banana boat there. This was Bully's first trip to the water park. Let's just say the water park needs better signage. If you're driving yourself make sure you have good directions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast