Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: ARUBABOB's (aka kent) SNORKEL adventure

WOW - those pictures are awesome! Did you take them or does Stuart do that? My boyfriend would love that. I'm fairly new to snorkling and don't really go under the water. Can't get the blowing the water out thing yet. Maybe I'll surprise him and book it for him on our next trip..hmmmmm - does look like alot of fun!

Aruba since 1979
    stuart took the photos :-)
    he did a good job didn't he?!?!

you do NOT have to go underwater.
    just lay on the surface and kick and steer.
    i did dive down a few times because i wanted to, but my husband and the other woman with us did not either.

if you want to go, stuart and/or kent will stay right with you and will be of great assistance.

take some time and practice prior to your aruba trip.

it was wonderful indeed, truly excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    WOW - those pictures are awesome! Did you take them or does Stuart do that? My boyfriend would love that. I'm fairly new to snorkling and don't really go under the water. Can't get the blowing the water out thing yet. Maybe I'll surprise him and book it for him on our next trip..hmmmmm - does look like alot of fun!

Thanks Andrea! That's good to know Thinking it might be a nice surprise for next year's trip?? We always try to do one thing different each time we go - and this is very different. Thanks for posting about your experience - and your trip overall. I'm one of those people who LOVE trip reports. Makes it a little easier to wait for next time!

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Cristina and I have just returned from snorkeling with Stuart and we second every single word Andrea said. It's the #1 highlight of our trip, for sure!

Stuart did everything to make us, first time snorkelers, feel comfortable in the water. I'm a quite poor swimmer and didn't feel in danger, not even for a second! At first we stayed in the shallow waters to get some confidence and get used to the scooters. Then he took us to deeper areas. So, so, so amazing! I didn't expect to see that many fish already in the shallow waters. It may have happened that sometimes worries about staying close to the rest of the group may have prevented me from enjoying one or two scenes, but we didn't feel rushed, had plenty of time to stay in places with more fish around.

The only side effect is that we feel a little seasick right now. My guess is that you're there shaking with the sea, get used to it, and all of a sudden you're back to land, so the change may affect you somehow. But nothing that some Coke can't solve.

Once again, really amazing. Whenever we return to Aruba (and unfortunately God know when we'll have this chance), Aruba Bob will be on our to-do list!

Cheers

Marcio

Aruba since 1979
    the happy couple

stuart from arubabob snorkeling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARUBABOB's (aka kent) SNORKEL adventure-554664_10150864193658167_1049043503_n.jpg   ARUBABOB's (aka kent) SNORKEL adventure-542553_10150864207103167_733008166_9733236_384867685_n.jpg   ARUBABOB's (aka kent) SNORKEL adventure-554766_10150864194898167_1582534865_n.jpg  

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Andrea, thanks for posting the pictures!

People may notice that our life vests are different from the ones in Andrea's pictures. The yellow ones can be inflated or deflated at will, so if the snorkeler wants to dive a bit, it's possible. Our vests would always keep us on the surface. Knowing this helped us being more at ease in the water.

Cheers

Marcio

Aruba since 1979
    you are welcome.
    :-)

Andrea,

Those Pics were amazing.. Some a little eerie 2 me,, but really amazing...
    That Lady in the Black Suit,, was a mermaid , wasn't it ?

Aruba since 1979
    What lady ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Andrea,

Those Pics were amazing.. Some a little eerie 2 me,, but really amazing...
    That Lady in the Black Suit,, was a mermaid , wasn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    What lady ?
    LOL, I thought the same thing then went to the link above and 'lo and behold...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast