Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beach chairs

Beach chairs

One of the things I like best about Aruba is the ability to stop at any beach and go snorkeling. I know that at Baby beach there are facilities and you can rent beach chairs. I would like to rent a couple of beach chairs or bag chairs to have for the week, that way if I decide to stop at a remote beach I will have chair to sit on. Anyone have an idea where I rent a couple for the week?

Aruba since 1979
    to the best of my knowledge, there are no beach chair rentals of which you refer to.

yes, there are chair/lounge rentals on the beach...but you cannot take those lounges and bring to another beach for the day.

in May 2015 I did a bit of research looking for beach chairs (the low chairs that recline) and i was unsuccessful in finding any to buy that were not ridiculously
    expensive.

it may be worth it to you to buy one at SAMS or BJs and bring with you.

or

you also could check price smart in aruba.
    they had none when i was there last.

good luck

ps
    forum member act1966 saw some low rise sand/beach chairs (tommy bahama?) at a store in aruba and posted a photo. i think it was close to $100. yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by jkeusch View Post
    One of the things I like best about Aruba is the ability to stop at any beach and go snorkeling. I know that at Baby beach there are facilities and you can rent beach chairs. I would like to rent a couple of beach chairs or bag chairs to have for the week, that way if I decide to stop at a remote beach I will have chair to sit on. Anyone have an idea where I rent a couple for the week?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-26-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Aruba since 1979

here is ACT1966's photo

Beach chairs-tb-beach-lounger-2.jpgjkeusch.......Last year Act1966 was on a mission......find a beach chair and price.
    Is this the kind of beach chair that you are looking to have for your beach trips?

I think he found this at Price Smart or Flora.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TB Beach Lounger 2.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	4912jkeusch.......Last year Act1966 was on a mission......find a beach chair and price.
    Is this the kind of beach chair that you are looking to have for your beach trips?

I think he found this at Price Smart or Flora.
    We found that at a furniture store behind Ling's but I can't remember the name. It's across from Banulux. I think it was $75 USD and it was Tommy Bahama. We didn't buy it. But we got a GREAT deal on Zero Gravity chairs at Price Smart!

As Andrea mentioned try BJ's, Sam's or at any other local store. We have them for our cruises with a half moon cover we got at Aldi's used it all the time.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I finally found the jelly beach loungers but they are in Target. They are $21 each. We bought a couple and will take them to Aruba. Hopefully our landlord who we rent from each year, will store them for us so they are available next time. But either way, its cheaper than renting a beach chair each day in Aruba for two people since we don't stay at a resort. We like the lounging ones. At Arashi, they are $5-7 (depending on the old ones or new ones). If you multiply that by 2 per day for 3 weeks, its expensive. Our place only has those stadium chairs which kill your back.

here is the link for those of you interested.
    http://www.target.com/s?category=0%7...elly%20lounger

We go to a lot of the beaches to snorkel and have been looking for chairs for some time now.these would work really well for us but how do you manage to take them on the plane? We have extra baggage allowance this time as traveling first class so can I just box them up as my 2nd suitcase?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we are flying first class, too. What I plan on doing is tying a rope around them so they don't open up & putting a luggage tag. I don't think they need to be boxed. though that is a great idea but where would you get the box? they don't come in a box. I was just going to count each chair as one piece, plus we bring two boxes of things for the house since we're there three weeks. as far as clothing, we take two carry ons. we are hoping to leave the chairs there with the guy we rent from, he can store them so they are there from then on.
    Last edited by gaby; 06-04-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Yes, as long as they aren't over the size or weight limit they would be considered a piece of luggage. Call or check your airlines webpage for exact details.

forget calling the airlines, that's almost impossible. but thanks, Walt. I checked with United's baggage page. Checked luggage for First class is 70 lbs, not even close to that, lol. And the linear inches is 62. These chairs closed are 25.5 x 23 x3, well within the guidelines. We do take two boxes & fill them up with things like full size shampoos, etc., coffee and other stuff. This way we throw the boxes out and when we come home, all we have is our carry on luggage, no checking baggage.

I just thought for those who have storage there or houses, these are great chairs & cheap, too. I've seen them on Amazon, the cheapest being $44 plus shipping. I basically call these throw away chairs. The cost of one chair is what is costs for only three days rental. We're ahead of the game. Actually, I bought two more to keep home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast