Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beach chairs

I just remembered, this is from my trip report last month "So I checked out the chairs yesterday at Price Smart for you. They have two styles of "camping" chairs, you know the ones that are regular height and fold up and go in a bag. They are 18 and 35 Florin each and they also have the standard low beach chair, Tommy Bahama brand, for 80 Florin each." Although you get an extra luggage allowance, it may be easier to get a Price Smart membership (around 35 bucks for a year) and buying them on the island than dealing with the hassle of packing and checking them. 1 US dollar = 1.75 Florin, so the regular chairs would be about 10 and 20 dollars each. The Tommy's would be about $46.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Thanks Walt, we are debating joining Price Smart. Where we stay they have the camping chairs. I have no problem with the low beach chairs but my husband likes the long lounge chairs. We were hoping if we left them at the house, the landlord can put them where he keeps his stuff and take them out when we come back. He said we are his regulars so I'm sure he might. but the Tommy Bahama chairs are a good price.

We just purchased 6 Tommy Bahama beach chairs two weeks ago at Price Smart and I believe they were Afl.75. 00 or $45.00 US dollars each. That is a very good price. We learned that when we see them at Price Smart, buy them before they disappear as they do sell out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    We just purchased 6 Tommy Bahama beach chairs two weeks ago at Price Smart and I believe they were Afl.75. 00 or $45.00 US dollars each. That is a very good price. We learned that when we see them at Price Smart, buy them before they disappear as they do sell out fast.
    Yes! Within hours! We went back for two more zero gravity chairs after buying two in the morning and they were all gone by 2 pm!!

Just like killer airfare, when you see it, buy it!

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    I don't know if this is something you'd be interested in. The only thing is I don't know how you would hold them down (with the Aruban breeze) when you wanted to get off of them and go in the water. www.laybeany.com
    Aruba Trip #8....March 2018..

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i saw those. someone had them on Arashi, and they were blowing all over the place. They had to put stuff on them and still were blowing. great idea but not for Aruba.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12