Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nikko
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Best Horseback Riding for Experienced Riders?

Best Horseback Riding for Experienced Riders?

My boyfriend and I are taking a trip to Aruba in 2 weeks, and we would love to go horseback riding. I've been doing research online, and am a bit overwhelmed with all the options. So I'm hoping I can get some suggestions to help narrow down which place to go with. I'm such a horse lover I may try to convince my boyfriend to go two or three times with me lol.

My dream has always been to gallop on a beach... as close to the water as possible. I know a lot of the places offer beach rides, but going at a pace faster than a walk on the beach would be nice. I took riding lessons for five years, and if we only walk or trot I'd be disappointed.

Its also important to me that the horses be healthy, if I get there and they look malnourished, I won't want to go there.

So basically, I'm looking for somewhere we can ride along the beach, with lots of cantering or galloping with healthy horses. We are both experienced riders, and can do either English or Western.

Any suggestions for places (and if they have multiple trails which one to pick)?
    Are private tours worth the extra money?
    Should we start booking ASAP?

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum shadowfox!

i am a rider and have always loved la ponderosa and the "old" rancho elpaso.

one of our members here, nikko is a very experienced rider and currently has at least 7 horses living on her property.

she likes rancho elpaso

here is her latest review click the link
    el paseo ranch, horseback riding

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    My boyfriend and I are taking a trip to Aruba in 2 weeks, and we would love to go horseback riding. I've been doing research online, and am a bit overwhelmed with all the options. So I'm hoping I can get some suggestions to help narrow down which place to go with. I'm such a horse lover I may try to convince my boyfriend to go two or three times with me lol.

My dream has always been to gallop on a beach... as close to the water as possible. I know a lot of the places offer beach rides, but going at a pace faster than a walk on the beach would be nice. I took riding lessons for five years, and if we only walk or trot I'd be disappointed.

Its also important to me that the horses be healthy, if I get there and they look malnourished, I won't want to go there.

So basically, I'm looking for somewhere we can ride along the beach, with lots of cantering or galloping with healthy horses. We are both experienced riders, and can do either English or Western.

Any suggestions for places (and if they have multiple trails which one to pick)?
    Are private tours worth the extra money?
    Should we start booking ASAP?

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/horseback%20riding.html
    click the link for more chatter about horseback

thank you andrea...lol i was just looking up rides for this summer!! lol i loved the last two i did! besides the one andrea posted i also used la ponderosa...loved them also! for what you are looking for i would definately call the ranches themselves and ask. i would also suggest a private ride. most group rides have a good amount of beginners. there is so much to see i was glad for the slow jog at times....lol

We've been riding with a few different ranches in Aruba and have loved them all. But....DEFINITELY pay extra for a private ride. We never do a group ride anymore - too slow and sometimes too many people. If you like to ride, then the extra money is worth it for the private ride at any of the ranches.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We've been riding with a few different ranches in Aruba and have loved them all. But....DEFINITELY pay extra for a private ride. We never do a group ride anymore - too slow and sometimes too many people. If you like to ride, then the extra money is worth it for the private ride at any of the ranches.
    ...and imho, IF you can afford to do so, this applies to just about any other excursion you could choose in Aruba.