Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best place to snorkel for non-swimmer

Imo, no the Natural Pool is not a good place to start.

You must step over the rocks to enter the pool and the rocks are slippery. Many days the waves are crashing over the rocks into the pool. If you are a non-swimmer I can very easily imagine you being scared to death of being pulled out of the pool by one of the retreating waves.

Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRpKwaYbGPo

They would have to be enormous waves to pull you out of the pool. I've been there a couple times and had good conditions on both days, the problem is that there wasn't more than a couple fish in there either time.

Aruba since 1979
    quite often there is a NO SWIMMING sign posted at the natural pool due to dangerous conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    quite often there is a NO SWIMMING sign posted at the natural pool due to dangerous conditions.
    www.aruba.com/forum/f7/natural-pool-37183/#post132834
    A previous post by Kent
    If they tell you the natural pool is closed, PLEASE, don't go in. It very dangerous and some people have lost there life there over the years. I was there the end of Jan. It was closed and I didn't listen. I was very lucky and made it out alive. If i didn't hang onto the rocks for about 1 minute until the water equilized, I would have been washed out to sea and then washed up on the sharp rocks down the shore line. Be safe!!!!! Kent I posted 3 pics in my travel photos when I was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by macbosnia View Post

Do you have recommendations re: where to snorkel if you're a non-swimmer? I was thinking Baby Beach?

Mac
    Bring (or borrow) a life jacket like my wife does , then you can go anywhere .

So Baby Beach is the place for non-swimmer, first-time snorkelers.. Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12