Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Scuba Dive

Question The Best Scuba Dive

We will be in Aruba in August of 2009. We will have time only for one scuba dive. 30 years of diving experience. If you could only make one dive, which site, and or company, would you dive?
    Surfdad

Sorry you only have time for one! But my choice would be the Jane Sea and Unique Sports. The Jane Sea is typically a two tank dive. The ship is in great shape in about 90 feet, looks like the titanic when you come upon it. The second dive is usually a drift dive and the current really moves you along, you can see everything from sea horses to sea turtles. It is very nice.

Good luck!

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    I agree with Ken, the Jane C is abundant with sea life all along the outside and topside and the drift dive is very beautiful and relaxing.

We always go with Red Sail but I hear Unique is fine too.

Thanks for the info. I guess the Jane C (Sea) it is!

Actaully I would pick Dark Mangroves, which ends at the Jane-Sea. The Jane is nice wreck, but it's relatively new interms of shipwrecks.

Any dive along the South Coast will be a good dive. Most companies that take you there do two-tanks dives.

If you only have time for one tank then I would do Arashi Reef or the Antiila.

The Antilla is a 400 foot freighter scuttled off the West coast back in 1940 and sits in 55 feet. The wreck has deteriorated quite a bit in recent years.

For the past few years I've been using Unique who took over Pelican's operation.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaBOS View Post
    Actaully I would pick Dark Mangroves, which ends at the Jane-Sea. The Jane is nice wreck, but it's relatively new interms of shipwrecks.

Any dive along the South Coast will be a good dive. Most companies that take you there do two-tanks dives.

If you only have time for one tank then I would do Arashi Reef or the Antiila.

The Antilla is a 400 foot freighter scuttled off the West coast back in 1940 and sits in 55 feet. The wreck has deteriorated quite a bit in recent years.

For the past few years I've been using Unique who took over Pelican's operation.
    I finished my certification last summer and dove the Antilla as my first post-cert dive. Had a great time, surrounded by a ball of bait fish and saw a frog fish resting on some of mid-depth wreckage. Having only done the Antilla, Arashi and Pedernales; the Antilla is my favorite by a wide margin.

Dive the ArubaMark, it will be a wreck available in the end of April.

Most dives are all pretty good for different reasons but the above mentioned choices are great!

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post

Most dives are all pretty good for different reasons but the above mentioned choices are great!
    hmmm,,, Can u get some pics of the Arubamark wreck for us in April?

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post

Mark,
    Is this going to be a new dive wreck or a land wreck?Hope its not land.If you are diving leave something at the site I will try to find it in October.Dont even want to know about the land wreck.
    Enjoy

Best aruba dive operator

we have just finished a week of diving in aruba. the ONLY dive operator to use is Clive "Dive with Clive" Paula from Dive Aruba.

seven passenger max on the boat. you dive YOUR air (we dove 1 hour 1st dives and 1 hour 15 min second dives) most other operators have 40 minute bottom time limits (not for my hard earned dIve dollars).

DO NOT DIVE THE ANTILLA IT HAS COLLAPSED AND IS NOT A GOOD DIVE ANY MORE.

the jane sea is a good option the way Clive does it. i would contact him and get his suggestion on what to do. He is a local who knows what he is doing.

we have dove around the world and rate his operation as one of the best experiences we have had.

mark and linda girard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast