• 1 Post By cindyo
  • 1 Post By jpsphr
  • 2 Post By ricky59
  • 1 Post By aquaman
  • 1 Post By jaw
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Best snorkel tour for diehards

Best snorkel tour for diehards

My SO is a diehard snorkeller and im quickly joining in his footsteps (snorkelfins)
    Looking for any ideas on great snorkel trips that will take us to some amazing spots and will give us more than 20 minutes at each spot.
    We're also planning on renting a car so we can hit some of the the walk-in spots
    Thanks
    Steph

Aruba since 1979
    check out this thread
    Snorkeling/Sailing Recommendations

also Tranquilo has a great snorkel adventure including a drift snorkel near Mike's reef
    TRANQUILO full day snorkel, sail and pea soup
    also
    http://www.arubabobsnorkeling.com/
    (we did aruba bob snorkel 2 weeks ago and it was terrific)
    QUOTE=stephpb;226466]My SO is a diehard snorkeller and im quickly joining in his footsteps (snorkelfins)
    Looking for any ideas on great snorkel trips that will take us to some amazing spots and will give us more than 20 minutes at each spot.
    We're also planning on renting a car so we can hit some of the the walk-in spots
    Thanks
    Steph[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-05-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Check our Aruba bob Snorkeling

Quote Originally Posted by stephpb View Post
    My SO is a diehard snorkeller and im quickly joining in his footsteps (snorkelfins)
    Thanks
    Steph

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    First, book a snorkel with Aruba Bob, without a doubt.

Also, drive to Boca Catalina, jsut northwest of the high rise hotels, grab a palapa and snorkel from the beach. Lots of pretty fish and easy to reach coral. We spend a few hours there at least every other day. Just up the road is Arashi Beach, the northwestern most beach. Not as good as Catalina IMO, but easy to do and still fun.

Enjoy!

i agree no question, aruba bob!!

Done both..both great. I really suggest you do the Tranquillo with Cpt Anthony Haggerdorn. The drifting down and over Mikes reef is an incredible experience. Lots of coral and things to see. can be a bit choppy at times if you are prone to seasickness. The snorkelling at both Boca Catalina and Mangel Alto is superb.

jaw
    Would suggest ArubaBob. They have night trips available also. Did not do a night trip, but you might want to do both.

I have to agree, the drift snorkel with Tranquilo in the open ocean over one of Aruba's greatest reefs is a pretty cool thrill. We have done it twice and look forward to doing it again in the future. Tranquilo is in our top 4 favorite excursions.