Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Snorkeling

Best Snorkeling

I am going to Aruba the end of June and am really excited about snorkeling. What is the best place you went for snorkeling? For the cruises and tours do reservations need to be made in advance? Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1162386
    check these threads re: snorkeling.

one of the best and CHEAP snorkels is right from the shore at Catalina Cove....an easy cab or bus trip.

also you may want to look into Jolly Pirates or Tranquilo snorkel cruise/tour.
    yes, i recommend advanced reservations..........we are now entering summer season and the crowds start back as soon as schools let out!

welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-22-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Aruba since 1979

Welcome to the forum.

There is lots of info here about snorkeling.

snorkeling

snorkeling from the beach

For snorkel excursions we have sailed with Tranquilo- a long relaxing day where not many else snorkel and Jolly Pirates- a fun and lively time with some decent snorkeling.

This trip we will be sailing with Strea Charters.

There is a forum member Kent Gerber who does free snorkel tours,he will be on Aruba when you are ...Look him up..He doesn't ask for any money but does take donations for upkeep of his equipment.PM him and tell him I sent you,you will have a great time.

Banned
    I second that about Kent. I went with him twice last year and am counting down the days until week 27 when hopefully we can try the night snorkeling. He will take you where the regular tours can't access. It's like you are in a giant aquarium. Look him up!

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    There is a forum member Kent Gerber who does free snorkel tours,he will be on Aruba when you are ...Look him up..He doesn't ask for any money but does take donations for upkeep of his equipment.PM him and tell him I sent you,you will have a great time.
    The site won't let me PM you since I'm new and this is my 2nd post... how can I find him? We're going to Aruba next week (leave May 29th) and are looking to do some snorkeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    The site won't let me PM you since I'm new and this is my 2nd post... how can I find him? We're going to Aruba next week (leave May 29th) and are looking to do some snorkeling.
    He will not be on the island until June 22 thru Aug 3rd. You can email him through his profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    He will not be on the island until June 22 thru Aug 3rd. You can email him through his profile.
    Oh that stinks. Oh well.

National Archeological Museum, Akok Wilderness,
    We followed the road up to the Lighthouse area. Best advice I can offer is if you are not on a boat excursion, watch where they go anyway. They have paying tourists onboard, so they know where to go to keep their passenger happy.

Might get a glimpse of a sea nymph too, that way. :-)
    Last edited by ourhistory153; 05-30-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: workdsmithing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast