Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best Snorkle sites?

Thank you Andrea and Arubalisa. The information you provided is very helpful!

Arashi and malmok are both great for snokling This is where the boats bring people snokling. Plenty of fish to see. Bring some bread and they will surround you in the water

I would make one addition. If you pay a visit to DePalm Island, the snorkeling there is great. There are lots of fish, especially blue parrot fish.
    Next Aruba trip in

Thank you, will check out DePalm island, Arashi, and Malmok!

When we were in Hawaii on honeymoon almost 20 years ago...the lady said to feed the fish "frozen Peas". Frozen Peas have been great for bringing fish in close and not falling apart...as fish love them....Make sure you get them away from you as fish will swarm all around you. Makes for great pictures as the water does not get cloudy from the bread breaking down...

We will be in Aruba in 5 days...can not wait to get away from the cold....we have reached 110" of snow!!!

We love baby beach but has gotten very crowded .....since 1996

Frozen peas...also place them in a zip lock bag as they will escape...
    Last edited by Pa Teeny; 02-26-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: adding

Aruba since 1979
    we have fed frozen peas to fish often!
    but, feeding the fish is apparently not good for the eco system or the reef.

welcome to the forum PaTeeny.
    hope that your aruba trip is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa Teeny View Post
    When we were in Hawaii on honeymoon almost 20 years ago...the lady said to feed the fish "frozen Peas". Frozen Peas have been great for bringing fish in close and not falling apart...as fish love them....Make sure you get them away from you as fish will swarm all around you. Makes for great pictures as the water does not get cloudy from the bread breaking down...

We will be in Aruba in 5 days...can not wait to get away from the cold....we have reached 110" of snow!!!

We love baby beach but has gotten very crowded .....since 1996

Frozen peas...also place them in a zip lock bag as they will escape...

Hi, I went to Snorkel to Boca Catalina, Malmok and Baby Beach, all of them are very calm waters and crystal clear. You can get to Boca Catalina by BUS taking the Line 7 Arubus to Noord/Marriot. The bus just let you in front of the Catalina Beach. To baby beach you need a Car and some to guide you there because is off the city, but there i saw this rare fishes. Even when I only snorkel a few times I have the best experience in Baby Beach.
    Best Snorkle sites?-pict0093.jpgBest Snorkle sites?-pict0098.jpgBest Snorkle sites?-pict0097.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    nice photos
    the first is a peacock flounder, the 2nd a trunk fish in with some parrot fish and the third an awesome photo of a trunk fish.

Quote Originally Posted by orion2005 View Post
    Hi, I went to Snorkel to Boca Catalina, Malmok and Baby Beach, all of them are very calm waters and crystal clear. You can get to Boca Catalina by BUS taking the Line 7 Arubus to Noord/Marriot. The bus just let you in front of the Catalina Beach. To baby beach you need a Car and some to guide you there because is off the city, but there i saw this rare fishes. Even when I only snorkel a few times I have the best experience in Baby Beach.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0093.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	2945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0098.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	2946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0097.JPG 
Views:	342 
Size:	67.3 KB