Aruba Beach

Thread: Best Spa

Best Spa

Hi Forum Folks,
    THE WIFE and I are off to Aruba in about 12 days. Lucky us huh? On vacaction we like to pamper ourselves with at least a massage or two. We both enjoy a nice deep tissue massage (and hot stone).
    NOW...we are staying at the Hyatt and have tried the spa there, but we both were a bit disappointed, maybe it was just an off day for us, or them.
    So...does anyone have any favorite spa's on the island?
    FYI - we are not into the whole massage on the beach thing...we just like a great massage...even if its on the airport runway...just as long as its good.
    Thanks in advance,
    JerseyPete

Aruba since 1979
    the SPA at the Marriott is very nice and is priced comparable to the others.

it is located at the marriott ocean club (inbetween the surf and the hotel) and go in the door right near champions sports bar.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPete View Post
    Hi Forum Folks,
    THE WIFE and I are off to Aruba in about 12 days. Lucky us huh? On vacaction we like to pamper ourselves with at least a massage or two. We both enjoy a nice deep tissue massage (and hot stone).
    NOW...we are staying at the Hyatt and have tried the spa there, but we both were a bit disappointed, maybe it was just an off day for us, or them.
    So...does anyone have any favorite spa's on the island?
    FYI - we are not into the whole massage on the beach thing...we just like a great massage...even if its on the airport runway...just as long as its good.
    Thanks in advance,
    JerseyPete

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the SPA at the Marriott is very nice and is priced comparable to the others.

it is located at the marriott ocean club (inbetween the surf and the hotel) and go in the door right near champions sports bar.

andrea
    don't go there, they are soooo slow and are constantly mixing up appointments. You show up and they double booked people, don't return messages, etc. I gave up on them last year!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    that is unfortunate
    i was lucky and had no problem

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    don't go there, they are soooo slow and are constantly mixing up appointments. You show up and they double booked people, don't return messages, etc. I gave up on them last year!

They are moving and expanding to a free standing building between the Ocean Club and the hotel. Hopefully, they will improve their service. It is really a shame. My comments were based on numerous visits and that of my friends too.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

My experience w/ the Marriott has not been good. Was not impressed w/ the massage and had a facial there and had some kind of allergic reaction to it. Talked to the manager - got 2 other treatments which didn't help bring down the redness at all. I do not have allergic reactions to facials - have them all the time. Also they had sold me some products which the manager said wasn't right for my skin but would also not take them back.

Also got a massage at the spa in the Mill - she did something to a muscle/ligament in my lower back and it hurt for weeks. Called them -
    they did nothing.

Like I have said before - Fanny at http://www.nafanny.com/
    is the best I have found on the island!

My husband and I have gotten many massages at the Larimar Spa at the Radisson, including the hot stone massage. We have always found it to be a very pleasant experience. The spa itself is beautiful, the atmosphere is very tranquil and relaxing, and the staff is great. We highly recommend it! We will be back there in 27 days!

Aruba since 1979
    lizzardo
    i have heard others rave about fanny
    thanks for posting the link

Are there any spa's where men give the massages my friend wants a male to do her massage. I just need a good pair of hands.

New 2 Aruba