Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best sunset sail?

Best sunset sail?

Any recommendations?

I'm looking at the Mi Dushi since we'd like to do something Wednesday evening.

Zil

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We LOVED the depalm boat, the Palm Pleasure, for the sunset cruise. Open bar and munchies.....Its a l00 ft catamaran.

Cindyo, Thanks, we may do that...every year we say we will try a sunset cruise, but never got around to it....we always watch from the beach and think it would be nice,,,,but now that you.ve confirmed it I think I will try it...plus of course the open bar and munchies helped....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Sunset Sail for Seniors

I will be on the island in September along with my family. (This will be my mother's first airplane flight ever and the last time my father was on an airplane was in the Korean War).

We are coming to Aruba to celebrate my father's 80th birthday and also to check on the progress of our home construction. We are looking for a sunset sail that would accommodate seniors. I need to find a sailboat that is easy to board with comfortable seating. My father can walk fine but tires fairly easy. There will be a group of eight family members.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
    David

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Well I normally would suggest the depalm boat, however, in this case I an un-suggesting it. It is not elderly friendly, no much seating, and more of a "young" type of crowd. There is however, seating under the canopy cover at picnic type tables. Youcan stand un easily there, and sit....but IMOP....this isn't for you....cindyo

Yes, unfortunately I am unable to think of one either. We had the same considerations with my grandmother. Either way, regardless which vendor on Palm Beach that you use, you must be able to walk from the street towards the beach and across at least a small portion of sand. None of this takes into consideration getting from the transfer vessel or dock onto the boat itself.

couldn't you charter a boat? i remember seeing ads for the private fishing expeditions - thus, i'm sure they have private cruises.

Quote Originally Posted by arubaness View Post
    couldn't you charter a boat? i remember seeing ads for the private fishing expeditions - thus, i'm sure they have private cruises.
    I too was wondering the same thing. Pehaps something like http://www.morningstararuba.com/ could pick you up at the docks at the marina in Oranjestad. Maybe that is where they keep their boat.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Thank you Arubalisa for the information on the Morning Star - they seem to be my favorite thus far.

Regards,
    David

Tranquilo for a sunset cruise

I have to suggest Tranquilo, http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/
    the boat is a 43ft monohull. I thing for what you are looking for it's perfect. Although I have never been on the boat or had the opportunity to meet Captain Tony, I am sure he could more easily accommodate your needs. Ask that he picks you up at the dock. It would be easy for him to sail the boat flat or with just bit of heal (tilt). It will be a more intimate experience then the Bigger cats.

The price may be a little more then the catamaran but is the moment and evening not the party that I expect is more important.

Cheers,
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast