Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Just booked on Black Pearl for their 3 hour snorkeling/sailing cruise. They seem to get a fair amount of positive reviews. Not sure if I'll try the snorkeling or not but DH seems up for it. In any event it sounds like a fun way to spend a lazy afternoon.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Omg you will love that boat. Joanna and Albert are absolutely wonderful. Rob and I did not snorkel instead we brought our Swimways floats and jumped in the water with them. We floated while others swam around.
    joanna will know your name within 5 minutes of being on board. Drinks flow and she knows what you like in 10 minutes.
    heres a little hint for you... 2 types of cheese sandwiches come out, cold first, then the grilled cheeses. Don't fill up on the first as the grilled are superb! Dutch grilled cheeses are great!
    the crew is super friendly! Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Just booked on Black Pearl for their 3 hour snorkeling/sailing cruise. They seem to get a fair amount of positive reviews. Not sure if I'll try the snorkeling or not but DH seems up for it. In any event it sounds like a fun way to spend a lazy afternoon.

Cindy, it actually was your original post that made me decide to book it! We are so looking forward to this vacation and the Black Pearl sounded perfect for us.

Jealous!! They even film a little video that you can download and watch after your trip. Get there early so you have first choice on seats as there is only 20 chaise lounge thingies. People line up 20-30 min early, beat them!!!

Yep, what Cindy said. It is our favorite excursion of every trip we take.

Aruba since 1979
    climbing back onboard the black pearl?
    how tough is it getting back onboard after snorkeling?
    i am considering this excursion but my chronic sciatic and fatness and paul's back issues are a cause for us to think long and hard on which one we choose.

Black Pearl is a catamaran and there is a ladder at the front of the boat that drops down between the hulls into the water at an angle. A crew member helps you up and down the ladder while you are entering or leaving the water. It is much easier to get back on than the boats that have ladders hanging over the side of the hull that are pretty much vertical. Black Pearl also sits much lower in the water, so it's not as far to climb. Give it a try, I think you and Paul would enjoy it!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks walt!
    will look more into it

Now you have me thinking. That would be my luck not to be able to get up the ladder!!! They have a picture on their website maybe that will help you decide. I'm not sure they will let me snorkel since I have asthma but I think I would like to try it.

I want to say there is 5 steps up into the boat. Staff is there to help. Is does sit very low in the water so most of the steps are in the water as Walt said. You will love the "tone" of this cruise, quiet, super friendly, grilled cheese heaven! Many of the kite surfers were zooming by us while on the boat providing us an incredible show of flips. We all clapped as they flew by!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast