Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Black Pearl

Ok, I just booked this because you all made it sound so good. My husband and I have never snorkeled but we will try. Booked it on line, so hope to save $40 a couple. Were the rum drinks strong ; ) On the web site, it sounds like the seats are assigned? You need to bring your credit card with you that you held it with....hope it is safe when you go in the water.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Seats are more or less assigned by the size of your party. There are only 20 seats. Drinks are kinda week. There are other options for mixed drinks. We had gin and tonics. Don't fill up on the first round of cheese sandwiches as the grilled ones come out 2nd and are much better.
    i don't snorkel so we brought our papasan floats and just floated around.
    you will love it. Joanna and Albert are the best!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Ok, I just booked this because you all made it sound so good. My husband and I have never snorkeled but we will try. Booked it on line, so hope to save $40 a couple. Were the rum drinks strong ; ) On the web site, it sounds like the seats are assigned? You need to bring your credit card with you that you held it with....hope it is safe when you go in the water.

My drink was strong enough for me. She also asked if you would like it strong when you ordered and she came back around for anyone wanting refills. It sounds funny that they serve grilled cheese sandwiches but Cindy is right, they were very good. When we boarded we were asked if we wanted sun or shade and she then directed us to our lounge. I wouldn't say that any seating arrangement looked better than another. The snorkel sites were relatively shallow and calm. We both felt comfortable and we saw a lot of fish. We plan to book again on our next trip.

Sounds awesome for an older crowd. No offense to anyone. I'm wondering if my crazy kids who are used to Jolly Pirates and running around, jumping off the sides, dancing, etc. would be a nuisance to the others on board?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

There were a bunch of kids on board with us and they seemed to be having a blast. One girl was doing flips over the side of the boat and they got a kick out of finding the starfish. They also lined up for the grilled cheese sandwiches! If you go to the facebook page they have posted videos of each trip. It may give you a better idea. Our's was the November 28th trip.

We always try to sit on the starboard side of the boat. Shade going out to the snorkel sites, and unobstructed views of the sunset on the return. I'm glad you tried and liked it Peg.

Book early... These guys are awesome and the boat fills up fast

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We are booked with them in Feb. Really looking forward to it....

One more thing to remember when booking Black Pearl is Joann will contact you soon after you book online by email. If you wear prescription glasses, let Joann know what your number is and she will have a pair of prescription goggles for you. If you don't know your "number", go to WalMart or the drug store and try on reading glasses and figure out your number. DW does this and it really enhances her viewing experience underwater. Also mention any allergies to food to her.

Aruba since 1979
    now that is certainly good customer service!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    One more thing to remember when booking Black Pearl is Joann will contact you soon after you book online by email. If you wear prescription glasses, let Joann know what your number is and she will have a pair of prescription goggles for you. If you don't know your "number", go to WalMart or the drug store and try on reading glasses and figure out your number. DW does this and it really enhances her viewing experience underwater. Also mention any allergies to food to her.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast