Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Pearl Sunset Snorkel Cruise

Black Pearl Sunset Snorkel Cruise

We are headed to Aruba in September (wooo hoo!) and we are contemplating doing the Black Pearl Sunset Cruise. My wife is a little nervous about going on a boat.
    I think that she will really enjoy it once she does it. But I would like some feedback from those that have done the trip. I know that the waves can be pretty good with the wind. The last thing that I would want is to have her get sea sick because of my suggestion to go! She would really just be along for the cruise, no snorkeling.

If you have done this cruise before, let me know your opinion. The seats on the boat look very comfortable, do you think that this is a bad idea because it will be way too rocky?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Trebor. We've taken the BP snorkel cruise three or four times in the evening over the years, and it's been nothing but smooth sailing. I mean like glass smooth. You sail down the shoreline at a slowish pace, and I can't remember ever hitting a bump. Unless your wife is phobic about being on the water, I can't imagine a much nicer sail for her. It's very relaxing, and a wonderful way to watch the sunset plus the sandwiches/drinks are great, and the snorkeling is fun.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

The Beach and love the Aruba Blue Melody and Black Pearl
    My husband and I love this cruise, leaves from the Marriott Dock. We have already booked for next year. Large boat but they only take maybe 25 persons?? Don't remember but we do have contact info and a short video of our sail. Email us if you'd like and we can forward it to you. They serve some great sandwiches and drinks during the cruise.! mbcoors@comcast.net

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I agree with the previous posters. The trip is as smooth as can be. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating. We took my elderly in-laws on this outing last year and I don't think they ever got out of their lounge chairs. It wasn't because they were afraid to get up, they were just spoiled rotten! Every time their glasses were even close to empty, Joanne came over and offered a refill. We have already booked this sail for our vacation next month. If you decide to go, book early as they never overbook this boat. Everyone is guaranteed a seat and there are only about 20 seats.

These are just the type of comments that I was hoping for!
    Please keep them coming, the more I hear of people's experiences the better.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate your help.

I recommend it

it is relaxing, no booze cruise. The captain and his mates are very nice and the food is simple, but very good.

You will enjoy it, this i can guarantee

here is video of our trip(they take video of the trip and send you a vid of it in an email), they also put it up on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArubaSai...15/JcdqJwzZnQU

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for posting that video.
    looks terrific and the "no booze" is a good option for many.

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    I recommend it

it is relaxing, no booze cruise. The captain and his mates are very nice and the food is simple, but very good.

You will enjoy it, this i can guarantee

here is video of our trip(they take video of the trip and send you a vid of it in an email), they also put it up on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArubaSai...15/JcdqJwzZnQU

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thank you for posting that video.
    looks terrific and the "no booze" is a good option for many.

thanks again

This is from the woman that factors a $150 airfare savings into 22 bogo's (44) Frozen drinks. . Just kiddin!

I know the boating and booze thing can be a bad combo!

Oh, I almost forgot to say thanks for posting the video, in my haste to be a wise guy.

Looks great! I think I feel confident enough to book it now.

Thanks again

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha you are evil
    i prefer my beverages on land

disclosure.......i get seasick that is one of my motivating factors for not drinking on a boat. QUOTE=Trebor;206829]This is from the woman that factors a $150 airfare savings into 22 bogo's (44) Frozen drinks. . Just kiddin!

I know the boating and booze thing can be a bad combo![/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast