Aruba Beach

Thread: Bon Bini Festival

Bon Bini Festival

I read on another board that the Bon Bini Festival was temporarily closed in April.....can anyone tell me if it's back on yet? Can't seem to find any other info.....

Thanks

Bon Bini Festival

Has anyone gone to the Bon Bini Festival? For those who have, what is it like?

It seems that no one has an answer. I will try to inquire about it when I am on the island in a few weeks.

We were there in November and it was the week they had the "children's show". I'm sure the parents enjoyed it, not so much for most other people.

funny, for all the years we have been going to aruba i have never been to the festival.....now i may never get the chance....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Bon Bini Fest

Just got back from 2 weeks in paradise.........our 35th trip to AUA!

Happy to report that the Bon Bini festival is back on......they have recently re-vamped the show, and it is a lot of fun! Plenty of music, singining and dancing! We had a great time and the kids loved it as well!

Aruba since 1979
    thank you.
    is it still same place and time?

Quote Originally Posted by ktziff View Post
    Just got back from 2 weeks in paradise.........our 35th trip to AUA!

Happy to report that the Bon Bini festival is back on......they have recently re-vamped the show, and it is a lot of fun! Plenty of music, singining and dancing! We had a great time and the kids loved it as well!

Yep, same place same time...........every Tuesday- doors open at 6:30, show begins at 7 pm!

Aruba since 1979
    BON BINI FESTIVAL
    The Bon Bini Festival takes place every Tuesday at 6:30 pm in the outdoor courtyard of historical Fort Zoutman. An engaging emcee introduces traditionally-costumed folkloric dancers, local musical genres such as the mazurka and the waltz, and instruments such as the cuarta (four-stringed rhythmic guitar), wiri, raspu, and caja di orgel, affectionately called the “ting-a-ling box”. Originally from Italy and first made on Aruba in 1938, this barrel organ is a cylinder of a few thousand nails spaced various heights and distances apart and plays different songs with the turn of a handle. The rhythmic music of the steel pan, originally developed in the English Caribbean from oil drums, also adds a touch of local color. The works of talented artists and artisans are on sale as are authentic culinary specialties.