Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Booked Trikes-Aruba for November!!!

Aruba since 1979
    Email info@trikes-aruba.com

it probably would be best for you folks to email them and ask about transportation arrangements.

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/trikes.aruba
    here is their facebook page

This is the email I just received, looks like I missed the deadline. But happy to be booked on the tour!

We have since July 1st a new meeting point. So everyone that booked after that date will automatically be expected to come to our office. We can only make exceptions and/or arrange something for the guests that already had a booking confirmed with us. I hope this answers your question. With kind regards, Deedee, Trikes Arubawww.trikes-aruba.com

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks your last email helps clarify any confusion. I will still confirm before my tour to make sure there is no confusion. Have a great trip in Aruba.

Can anyone comment on the level of difficulty for learning to drive the trikes? I've never ridden a motorcycle or driven a manual transmission car, so I don't have any experience with this. I don't want to book if its just going to be an exercise in frustration. That's not what islands are for!

Aruba since 1979
    we had planned on riding these in May.
    but, upon learning of the clutch and shifting on it, we passed.

both husband and i can drive manual transmission on cars.....but trikes/motorcycles...... "not so much"

make sure that when you make your inquiry with them, you ask!!!!

good luck and please post if you do end up deciding to go. i would love to hear all about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEC View Post
    Can anyone comment on the level of difficulty for learning to drive the trikes? I've never ridden a motorcycle or driven a manual transmission car, so I don't have any experience with this. I don't want to book if its just going to be an exercise in frustration. That's not what islands are for!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Hi Mike - We have done the Trike tour last year and doing again this November. Per my husband who is used to driving fire trucks, tractor trailers and motorcylces he says it would be a little difficult for someone who has no experience with manual transmissions or motorcycles. However, he also would like to point out the "success rate" of the Trike Tour. The people who run this tour are very patient with teaching people how to use these. I know last year my husband said shifting these bikes were kind of opposite the usual way to shift a motorcylce so people who have never driven a motorcylce may have an easier time (if this makes sense)...guess being opposite of a actual motorcycle could get a little confusing. You could always give it a try and if you don't feel comfortable driving the bike another option would be to ride on the back of the tour operator's bike, trust me it would still be fun. Think about it you would actually get to see more on the back of a bike than trying to figure out how to drive it :-) Hope you try it. You can always email them and ask them some questions, they are always very fast in replying to your emails. Here is the link to email them if you wish, Good Luck! info@trikes-aruba.com

We did it this past February and it is very simple to do do, the take u out on them first and show u how its done , its soooo much fun and they are so nice to deal with and dont forget to wear your sunscreen cause you will get burnt very fast. We will be there doing this again in February 2013.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12