Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: booking activities before we get there

booking activities before we get there

It has been suggested that we make all our reservations for activities and dinner reservations before we go.

We are staying at Divi village and would like to go all inclusive so that the non-motorized sports are also included.

Any ideas.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn.html
    click above link for some threads about tamarijn/divi all inclusive.

lisa may be able to guide you more about the facilities as i have not been there in yrs!

are you planning to do the all inclusive only because of the non motorized sports being included?

we are using time share at Divi Village and were told we can go all inclusive for food. We also thought it was a good idea to have non motorized involved because our kids are 15 and 20

If I understand your question correct, if you are staying at the Divi Village and going with the all inclusive package, you will not be able to make your dinner reservations for the resort's restaurants until you actually arrive.

If you plan on eating off property for your dinners, you would want to make advance reservations for popular restaurants such as Passions, Carte Blanche, Madame Janette and Flying Fishbone.

Honestly I would not stay all inclusive at the Divi Village solely based upon non motorized watersports unless you were going to use the snorkeling equipment, sunfish, floats, kayaks, windsurfing equipment and bicycles each and every day.

You can bring snorkel equipment from home as well as your own floats.

Prepaying online for tours?

Quote Originally Posted by chouth View Post
    we are using time share at Divi Village and were told we can go all inclusive for food. We also thought it was a good idea to have non motorized involved because our kids are 15 and 20
    At All-Inclusive - $125.00 per day adult, for $375 per day, you can go off property each and every night for a VERY NICE dinner and still have a chunk of change left over.

Imo, having the timeshare with the cooking facilities, I would stop at the grocery store when you arrive and stock up. You can eat breakfast and some of your lunches "in" and go out to dinner every night.

Take the money you are saving and put it towards some excursions such as a guided jeep tour, snorkeling excursion or even a discover scuba course. You could also take the money and rent a 4 x 4 for the week or a few days and venture out exploring on your own.

What about adding in breakfast lunch, snacks and drinks? Could the bill get out of hand? We are also putting money aside for trips etc.
    This is our first family vacation in 7 years and probably our last with my son graduating from College next year. Not that money is no problem but we hope to plan for everything,

Is renting a jeep a real good idea?

Lisa's suggestion is a good one. We have boys that are below and around 20 and we do the grocery store "thing". We buy all food at the store for breakfasts, lunch, snacks and drinks (alcohol and regular). We tend not to eat such large breakfasts and lunch this way and save the money for nice dinners. You can purchase a styrofoam cooler or bring a soft side one from home and bring down drinks when needed. The boys stock up on beer, etc and we get cans of soft drinks and water and twice a day go up to our room and bring them down. Same with snacks.

The money you will save will allow you to do some touring and enjoy the amazing restaurants that Aruba has to offer. Definately, make your dinner reservations in advance.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by chouth View Post
    What about adding in breakfast lunch, snacks and drinks? Could the bill get out of hand? We are also putting money aside for trips etc.
    Maybe someone else can comment on groceries for a family of four for a week for breakfast and lunch, but you can buy purchase alcohol duty free at your departure airport (once past TSA checkpoint) and carry on, or there is a duty free store as you come into Aruba. You can also purchase alcohol at the grocery stores.

You can bring a soft sided cooler to the beach or pool. Buy beer in cans, not bottles.

This is our first family vacation in 7 years and probably our last with my son graduating from College next year. Not that money is no problem but we hope to plan for everything,
    If money is no object then go for it and save the hassle of the grocery store.

Is renting a jeep a real good idea?
    Depends on where you would like to go. It makes it a bit easier to get around the northeast coast of the island, but not required. Your children may enjoy exploring Arikok National Park and the caves as well as the Natural Pool. Driving Your 4 x 4 to the Natural Pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Lisa's suggestion is a good one. We have boys that are below and around 20 and we do the grocery store "thing". We buy all food at the store for breakfasts, lunch, snacks and drinks (alcohol and regular). We save lots of money and tend not to eat such large breakfasts and lunch and save the money for nice dinners.
    LOL, we posted at the same time. Randi, how much would you say you would spend in USD's for a week worth of groceries and beverages as you described?

I noticed that too!

Hmm, that is tough as it depends on if we have 3 kids with us and how many are drinking!

Usually my first order (we stay longer than one week) which includes the mustard, mayo, salad dressings and such (which carry over to the other week) is around $300US for 5 people.
    We buy fruit and lots of salad stuff for lunch as well as hot dogs for the BBQ, frozen waffles, deli meat, tuna, milk, juice, one or two bottles of wine, canned soft drinks, beer (usually around 18 for the 3 of them). Snacks are fruit, chips, nuts, cookies, etc. The grocery stores has everything but REMEMBER THE PRICES ARE IN FLORINS not dollars. When you go to the cash they will convert it into US dollars. I usually roughly calculate that the dollar value is approx. half the florin price while I am shopping. A friend of ours forgot that I told them that and almost fainted right there in the store!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast