Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bottom fishing charter November 11-16

Cool Bottom fishing charter November 11-16

My husband and I will be traveling to Aruba (11/11-11/16) and would like to bottom fish. Anyone have any recommendations on a charter that will do bottom fishing? We aren't interested in trolling. It's just the two of us so if anyone wants to share a charter that would be great!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

check out this link and Hatts Off...Teaser and Driftwood get good reviews!!
    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/wa...ishing?tid=128

You may want to check out Melina Charters. I have no experience with this boat, but they do advertise bottom fishing. Here is their website http://www.arufishing.com/

We will be in Aruba during the same time frame. I'm not sure fishing will be on the agenda this year, but if that changes I will be in contact. We had a good experience with Hatts Off about a year ago, but they are a deep sea fishing boat, not sure they do bottom fishing.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    ignorance is not bliss...........what is the difference between the 2........bottom fishing vs deep sea fishing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    ignorance is not bliss...........what is the difference between the 2........bottom fishing vs deep sea fishing ?
    I may be wrong on this, but to me deep sea you go further out,, typically can't see the shore, and the lines are set up hanging off the boat and the rods are in rod holders and you ride around (trolling). When the fish hits the bait, then you get real it in. Bottom fishing can be done deeper, but I typically think of it as closer to shore. I think in Aruba they go to the Mangroves on some of the bottom fishing trips. You usually have live bait and drop the line and hold on to the rod, the boat is sitting still.
    Disclaimer - I may be a little off on my details, and my commercial fisherman uncles would probably choke at my answer
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Thanks for the info ladies! I will be checking out those links. Yes Tracy you are correct with your explanation . We went trolling last year and to me that isn't as fun as when you are actually holding the rod.
    Last edited by DaieneSoriano; 09-07-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Kind of a funny story, I grew up mainly fresh water fishing. The first time I went on a charter that was trolling, about an hour into the trip I asked when we were going to start fishing? Everyone laughed because the bait had been out for a while. Trolling reminds me more of boat riding than fishing, especially if nothing is biting.

Bottom fishing

Quote Originally Posted by DaieneSoriano View Post
    My husband and I will be traveling to Aruba (11/11-11/16) and would like to bottom fish. Anyone have any recommendations on a charter that will do bottom fishing? We aren't interested in trolling. It's just the two of us so if anyone wants to share a charter that would be great!
    We will be in Aruba until Nov. 12th and may also be interested. I go every year to Aruba and for the past few years we've used a guy named Taui(not sure of the spelling), he's located on the pier by the Marriott, old POS boat, great guy, lot of fun, and he knows his stuff. He's a local Arubanian and can also tell you what you need to know about Aruba. Find a guy named George, he has a hut on the beach between The Holiday Inn and the Marriott, he books trips, tell him John from New Jersey sent you, or I'll tell him to expect you to stop by. We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn, six to ten of us, this year, stop by and have a drink, usually floating in the ocean with a cooler...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Trolling reminds me more of boat riding than fishing, especially if nothing is biting.
    LOL!! I completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by jgm324 View Post
    We will be in Aruba until Nov. 12th and may also be interested. I go every year to Aruba and for the past few years we've used a guy named Taui(not sure of the spelling), he's located on the pier by the Marriott, old POS boat, great guy, lot of fun, and he knows his stuff. He's a local Arubanian and can also tell you what you need to know about Aruba. Find a guy named George, he has a hut on the beach between The Holiday Inn and the Marriott, he books trips, tell him John from New Jersey sent you, or I'll tell him to expect you to stop by. We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn, six to ten of us, this year, stop by and have a drink, usually floating in the ocean with a cooler...lol

Thanks for for the tips John from New Jersey! We are Sal and Daiene from Springfield New Jersey! We might take ya up on that offer! I'll keep my eye out for the cooler! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast