Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butterfly Farm

Butterfly Farm

What does everyone think about this? I hear it's amazing, but I have learned so much from everyone on this that I wanted to get some feedback.
    Heading back in November (3rd year in a row.......might have found our new vacation spot )
    Please let me know your thoughts.

To me, all butterfly farms are kind of similar, no matter the location. You may want to spend your time somewhere else and visit a butterfly farm closer to home.
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

thank you - trying to find some new things to do along with some stuff we've already done...another couple is coming with us this time around (their first time) one thing i have put my foot down on is the kayak tour........all set with doing that again hahahahahaha

I've never been to a butterfly farm, but our friends just went. They had their two college aged children with them (boy and girl), and they all loved it. We took our teen aged niece on our trip to Aruba last summer, and after I heard that, I was bummed that we didn't take in the butterfly farm. I'm sure she would have loved it.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

The butterfly farm is nice.. a little on the small side... you should be in and out in less than 1 hour ... even the shutterbugs will not be that long there.

If you go - get the times first and go when they open early... the butterflies are little more active because the fruit is coming out for feedings. You also want to get in and out before the bus tours - when they are there - it's better to go for a ride and come back later.

We visit the Butterfly Farm at least once during our yearly pilgrimage to Aruba and always enjoy it. While it is small, we have spent many delightful hours there. You can also see hummingbirds from time to time outside.
    April/May in Aruba - ahhh

We loved the Butterfly Farm so much we went twice and spent a couple of hours each time! We got some fantastic pictures as well. We plan on going again when we return to Aruba in November.

Aruba since 1979
    it is incredibly hot in there.
    so go early in the day.

i am the naysayer re: butterfly farm
    i was not only sweating bullets, i was creeped out by the butterflys.
    paul and kevin were in awe of the butterflys and i was having an anxiety attack.

the lady that worked there said i was one of a very few that got overly creeped out.

is it butterflys or butterflies?

andrea

My wife likes this place a lot.
    She has been to the local Mass. Bfly farm and has little wish to go back. She seem to want to go back to the one in Aruba at least every other time.
    I agree it is hot and humid in there, as they keep the place very moisturized.
    I agree the earlier you go the better. Definitely more activity in the early Am.
    I also have fun, taking along the camera, shooting Bfly's and HBird's to keep entertained. Capturing high speed images is always a challenge.
    Yes, I sweat. Yes, we spend no more than an hour each trip. Yes, it makes my wife happy.
    What else could I ask for.

Pete

Cool OK but will not return

The Butterfly Farm was OK, however, I probably will not go back there next time that I am in Aruba. I also agree that it is hot in the place, you do not spend much more than an hour in the place (i.e. it is small) and the butterflies look like every other butterfly I have seen before (although I am not a butterfly expert). I should also point out that my 2 year old daughter was much more amused looking at all the exotic birds in the lobby of the Radisson hotel than she was with the butterflies at Butterfly farm (and that cost me nothing/I have far better pictures with the birds at the Radisson).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast