Aruba Beach

Thread: Calling all martial artists...

Calling all martial artists...

Hey folks, if you see one of the locals wearing a "Gracie Jiu-Jitsu" shirt on Aruba..well that's mine! LOL I've been going down to Aruba since 1998 and I've always wondered about martial arts on the island. Usually I use vacations to rest from training but one of these days I'd love to train or do a seminar down there. Anyone know if there is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy on the island? I'm a currently a third stripe Blue Belt under Royler Gracie/David Adiv and hope to be a purple belt by Christmas. If anyone knows of any please let me know
    cheers

Aruba since 1979
    contact OMMI (that his his username on this forum)

he introduced us to a young man in august. this young man is the mixed martial arts champion of aruba.
    we met him at COOKS restaurant.

drop OMMI a note and see if he can put you in touch with this young man.

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviRob39 View Post
    Hey folks, if you see one of the locals wearing a "Gracie Jiu-Jitsu" shirt on Aruba..well that's mine! LOL I've been going down to Aruba since 1998 and I've always wondered about martial arts on the island. Usually I use vacations to rest from training but one of these days I'd love to train or do a seminar down there. Anyone know if there is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy on the island? I'm a currently a third stripe Blue Belt under Royler Gracie/David Adiv and hope to be a purple belt by Christmas. If anyone knows of any please let me know
    cheers

Aruba since 1979
    here is the young man's photo w/ OMMI and OMMI's daughter from the COOKS www site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all martial artists...-dsc00721.jpg  

thanks Andrea! Will do! I think that's the guy who fought in the UFC a few years back!

thanks again Andrea J. I sent a note to OMMI yesterday and he responded right away. Looks like he's going to set up a visit to one of the academies so I'll be able to train while I'm down there
    cheers

Aruba since 1979
    terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviRob39 View Post
    thanks again Andrea J. I sent a note to OMMI yesterday and he responded right away. Looks like he's going to set up a visit to one of the academies so I'll be able to train while I'm down there
    cheers

Lol I knew you'd be on the form eventually. I'm trying to make it to the bjj school that's here in aruba before my trip is up. Ill post here if I get the chance.

LOL so funny!! make sure you post here..get in touch with that guy OMMI...seems to have the connections..