Aruba Beach

Thread: Which car rental company?

Which car rental company?

I'm going to use AA skymiles to rent a vehicle in Aruba. I have a choice of using Alamo, Avis, Budget, or National. Do they all offer pretty much the same level of service? Should I stay away from any one in particular?? I would just hate to end up with a pile of junk! Thanks.
    Jean
    Bill and Jean

Aruba since 1979
    many forum members have used avis- be advised of hidden fees on all of the franchise places

many forum members also use tropic which have no hidden fees, good cars and great customer service. (they do not accept aa miles)
    tropiccarrent@setarnet.aw

are you the bill and jean of natick, formerly of watertown ma?
    pm me if you are!
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by BillandJean View Post
    I'm going to use AA skymiles to rent a vehicle in Aruba. I have a choice of using Alamo, Avis, Budget, or National. Do they all offer pretty much the same level of service? Should I stay away from any one in particular?? I would just hate to end up with a pile of junk! Thanks.
    Jean

I guess nothing is really free! Although very annoying, I think it will be worth paying for those hidden fees if that's all it will cost to get the vehicle. I'll have to look into these pesky 'fees'.
    We are not the Jean and Bill you mentioned. We are from western MA. The folks at the Bucuti thought that we were returning quests because our first names and our last name matched another couple in their system!
    Thanks, Jean
    Bill and Jean