Aruba Beach

Thread: Be careful on the quads!

Be careful on the quads!

Be careful when riding, renting, and cruising about the island on a quad or other machine. Couple of days ago a man had to be evacuated by helicopter. Not the first time, and probably not the last. Just a friendly note to remind people that these things can be dangerous.

Photos on the blog.

Bon dia from Aruba.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Two more tourists injured on quads in the last couple of days. One lady is reported to have a broken hip. Ouch!

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

SanNic...and anyone else reading this...I can testify to the dangers of riding in Aruba...girlfriend spent all week in hosp with 8 broken ribs, shoulder blade and her pride when we were out riding a couple of years ago...she was not experienced and just got a little too sure of herself and you know the rest...thank God the doctors and nurses were excellent and she has since recovered fully !!!!
    We of course know about me....8 broken ribs from last summer...rode where I should not have and .....oh well.....ribs hurt when mending...not fun .!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Sorry to hear about you guys getting hurt. I will say...everytime I've been to Aruba I have rented an ATV and toured the island myself.
    I will say...if your not experienced take a guided tour...if you are experienced, rent one for 1/2 day and tour the island yourself its a hell of a good time. Some advice;
    1. bring a hat (4 hours sitting on a ATV will burn your scalp),
    2. sunscreen (obvious),
    3. thin long sleeved shirt,
    4. long pants
    5. sunglasses/goggles
    6. bandana (to cover your mouth...trust me, the dust is horrendous)
    ENJOY.