Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Catamaran tours

Catamaran tours

Good day all,

I'll be in Aruba in june for a couple of days with a few girlfriends. I have been a few times and will be sort of a guide to them . They wanna do the catamaran tour, any ideas which one are good? I only know of the Palm tours. I want to make a reservation, to be sure we get the day we planned.
    And this time we'll be staying at an apartment in Oranjestad, they're gonna wanna hit the beaches also. I love Eagle Beach, do we have still have to pay if we're not staying in the hotels?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Aruba since 1979
    a wonderful catamarin tour is with OCTOPUS
    http://www.octopusaruba.com

also too RED SAIL and DEPALM have great catamaran tours as well.

all beaches on aruba are public
    but, the chairs and palapas are owned by the resorts.
    some resorts will allow for a daily rental, however most will not.

moombas, on palm beach, inbetween holiday inn and marriott has a beach bar and restaurant and beach chair rentals.

on eagle beach, in front of lacabana there is a place that too will rent chairs.
    same on baby beach.

i advise those that are not staying at a beach resort to purchase some beach/sand chairs at one of the hardware stores or at certified mall…then plunk yourself down on any of the beaches. if using a tree as shade, becareful of the falling coconuts

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Good day all,

I'll be in Aruba in june for a couple of days with a few girlfriends. I have been a few times and will be sort of a guide to them . They wanna do the catamaran tour, any ideas which one are good? I only know of the Palm tours. I want to make a reservation, to be sure we get the day we planned.
    And this time we'll be staying at an apartment in Oranjestad, they're gonna wanna hit the beaches also. I love Eagle Beach, do we have still have to pay if we're not staying in the hotels?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Thank you Andrea, I'll look into them for sure.

We always enjoy Black Pearl. Might want to check them out also, but hurry they fill up fast.

http://www.aruba-sailing.com/blue-me...lack-pearl.php

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/wa...ailing?tid=130
    here are some others too

walt mentioned BLACK PEARL and they get WONDERFUL reviews.

Thank you Andre and Walt. The Black Pearl looks very relaxed and we don't want to be with too many people on the boat. But does the Black Pearl also do the half day tours?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Purple- go on line and look them up, that is also how you book them. Black Pearl is spectacular. The staff are great, grilled Dutch cheeses fabulous. Do yourself a favor and book now

Thank you all, i already sent the info to my friends and i'm sure they will love it.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    We are also looking at the catamaran cruises for my parents when they come this time. They want to go on a snorkel cruise, so I went and did some research.

I am finding DePalm and Red Sail are the cruises with the most snorkel stops, which is what my parents are looking for. But after reading this thread I looked at the Black Pearl and they have such great reviews it will be hard to decide.

My only drawback with the Black Pearl is they only stop once and are the most expensive...Would anyone suggest another company if my parents are wanting to snorkel more than anything? Or does the Black Pearl deliver on everything else to make it worth only 1 snorkel stop? Do they stay there longer because it is only 1 stop?

We don't care what day of the week we go, nor do we care about where they pick up and drop off. I would say crowds are a little of a concern, I would prefer a less crowded boat to enjoy it more. Any advice anyone can offer would be great.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    Tranquilo
    a magnificent sailboat that has a terrific snorkel adventure "mike's reef and a drift snorkel".
    i did not mention Tranquilo earlier as the OP was asking about only a catamaran.
    but, as far as the be all and the end all……..Tranquilo is the bomb!
    few passengers.
    awesome snorkel locations.
    delicious food and Mom's homemade dutch pea soup.
    enjoying "buster"

no negatives on the Tranquilo
    http://www.tranquiloaruba.com
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    We are also looking at the catamaran cruises for my parents when they come this time. They want to go on a snorkel cruise, so I went and did some research.

I am finding DePalm and Red Sail are the cruises with the most snorkel stops, which is what my parents are looking for. But after reading this thread I looked at the Black Pearl and they have such great reviews it will be hard to decide.

My only drawback with the Black Pearl is they only stop once and are the most expensive...Would anyone suggest another company if my parents are wanting to snorkel more than anything? Or does the Black Pearl deliver on everything else to make it worth only 1 snorkel stop? Do they stay there longer because it is only 1 stop?

We don't care what day of the week we go, nor do we care about where they pick up and drop off. I would say crowds are a little of a concern, I would prefer a less crowded boat to enjoy it more. Any advice anyone can offer would be great.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast