Aruba Beach

Thread: Chairs at Arashi beach?

Chairs at Arashi beach?

I have seen a few different responses here and trip advisor so I want to be clear. Are there chair rentals at Arashi beach? Also, what time should we plan on being there if we want to get some shade, like a palapa - I am sure i spelled that wrong.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we just got back in december and always go to arashi beach. to get a palapa, be there no later than 9 and that's because the cruise ships start coming about that time, around 9 or 9:30 but then they leave around noon. Yes, there are two guys who rent chairs, lounges. they are very nice, my husband talked to them daily. they rent them for $5 for the day. they usually do good because the cruise ship people rent them, then they leave and the guys rent them again, lol. they have tons of chairs so don't worry about that. but i use to drop my husband off at arashi before 9, he'd get a palapa and then I'd come around 10.

Great - thanks!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I have seen a few different responses here and trip advisor so I want to be clear. Are there chair rentals at Arashi beach? Also, what time should we plan on being there if we want to get some shade, like a palapa - I am sure i spelled that wrong.
    We have been there 3 times since they upgraded arashi beach. Last September was last time. There are approximately 7 palapas there, cant remember for sure, we were able to get one on last trip but not previously. Kind of hit and miss. Usually not crowded, mostly local folks and a few tourists. I have not seen chair rentals there when we were there. Its possble that th guys that rent the chairs do not go to Arashi in the off season, so if you are going in the off season they may not be there. We have been there in September and October the last 3 years. Did see a frozen drink vendor 1 time on a weekend. There are NO restrooms. You can snorkel right off the beach.
    Last edited by arubabob; 01-31-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we were there in december and there is definitely two guys who rent lounge chairs. they said they have the franchise with the government. they charge $5 for the day per chair. they have tons of chairs there. as far as renting chairs, you can go anytime because they had tons of chairs. as far as palapas, i would definitely get there before 9. we go in december and after 9 the palapas were almost all full. so if you want a palapa, get there before 9. i dropped my husband off because he likes to be on the beach early, he commandeered a palapa and i came at my leisure, lol...

when we were there in december they had a port-a-potty.new this year,along with chairs for rent