Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Day trip from Aruba to Curacao??

The photo above was taken at the estate Plantages PortoMari
    http://www.playaportomari.com/ Playa PortoMari was a fabulous place to spend the day snorkeling, scuba diving (diving was MUCH better than Aruba), relaxing and eating and drinking. Entry was $2 or $3 per person and included a drink and chaise.

Day trip from Aruba to Curacao??

We're coming to Aruba (me, wife and 31 year-old-daughter) for the um-teenth time in November. Thinking about flying to Curacao for the day. I'd appreciate any ideas on what to see and photograph. We don't care anything about snorkling.

Thanks, Kent

http://www.curacao-travelguide.com/ is the website I used in planning our day in Curacao.

After wandering around Willemstad, I would just rent a car for the day and get in and drive. There are plenty of things to see.
    http://www.curacao-travelguide.com/history/index.html

Day-Trip To Curacao

Anyone do a day-trip to Curacao from Aruba? If so is it worth the effort and $$$ to fly over there for a day? Contact me directly at dave2840@msn.com

Aruba since 1979
    i have not done the day trip.
    we were there years ago for a week.
    neighbors of ours at lacabana last january 2009 did the day trip and were quite pleased.
    they were up and out early and back to lacabana late evening. they told us that there was more time in the airports than in the air and they found that very wasteful and non productive.

if i remember correctly they did the city tour and a snorkel excursion and then dinner.

they said next time they would add on curacao as a pre or post aruba destination and stay for a few days.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by dave2840 View Post
    Anyone do a day-trip to Curacao from Aruba? If so is it worth the effort and $$$ to fly over there for a day? Contact me directly at dave2840@msn.com

We went to Curacao a few years back for two nights, three days (sort of). We flew to Curacao for about $200 p.p. and had originally planned on returning in the evening of the third night but decided to get the first flight out on the morning of our third day.

We enjoyed our visit but felt Aruba is much nicer in so many ways. The beaches are not "looked after" by any of the hotels and as a result a fair bit more "rugged". The downtown area is hurting economically and sad to see the vacant stores. Still the downtown is very pretty. We liked the beach at the Sea Aquarium even though you had to pay to go there.

You can not walk at night in Curacao. We ate a wonderful restaurant 3 blocks from our hotel and the owner of the restaurant drove us back to the hotel as she told us (as did others) that you can not walk at night.

I would recommend not to spend the money doing a day trip and just enjoy Aruba, especially if you are only going to be there for one week. We had three days between hotel and time share so we thought this might be an adventure. We had been to Curacao on cruises and thought perhaps spending a bit more time might be nice... good port on a cruise but wouldn't make a special trip there.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Day Trip to Curacao

Is it worthwhile to take a day-trip to Curacao? Would like to see Wilhemsted and area adjacent to the capital city. Anyone ever tried to do this from Aruba for a day. Contact me directly at dave2840@msn.com

Aruba since 1979

We did that a couple of years ago. Flew over early, toured the island in a rental car and flew home early evening.

For us not worth the effort or cost.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast