Aruba Beach

Thread: De Palm Island

jaw

De Palm Island

Does one have to take the full day trip to the island, or can one go to the dock at the south end of the island and go to the island for a few hours?

Going to Aruba 12/05/09

They used to offer a half day or full day ", now from what I can see it is only full day.

www.depalm.com

"De Palm Island By Bus (fullday)
    Price: USD 99.00
    Departure: 9:00 a.m.
    Duration: 8 Hrs
    Days: Daily
    Best snorkeling spot on Aruba!! Spend a full day enjoying spectacular coral formations and marine life. Swim, snorkel, or just simply relax.
    Inclusions: Transportation, Food & Beverage, snorkel equipment & instructions, guided snorkel tours, the new Blue Parrott Waterpark with 6 slides and about 70 watergames and beach facilities. Kids 0-2 years free, kids from 3-12yrs half price on regular price.

Optional activities: Snuba & Seatre"

I went to DePalm in January. Unless its changed there was a half day. My family and I only went for a few hours and they had ferries running every 3 or 4 hours (I forget which). I thought it was pretty cool...they had a fairly nice buffet, a snorkeling spot (and tour if you wanted to go deeper), shallow water just to hang out in, beaches, and a water park. You could also rent from the counter if you needed snorkeling gear. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by jollypirates9394 View Post
    I went to DePalm in January. Unless its changed there was a half day.
    Do you recall how much they charged for half day?
    The $99 per person and $49 for kids is pretty steep for the average family when they can stay at their resort and in most cases use the beach there?

Aruba since 1979
    here is their email you could send an inquiry re: half day
    andrea

reservations@depalmtours.aw

We went this past Oct and did the half day. If I remember it was $79 for half day and $49 for child. Not sure we would go again but glad to say we did it. the kids loved the water park. The food was not that good for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by hpep View Post
    We went this past Oct and did the half day. If I remember it was $79 for half day and $49 for child. Not sure we would go again but glad to say we did it. the kids loved the water park. The food was not that good for that price.
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Our kids our older so the waterpark is probably not a factor. We have a rental vehicle for just a couple of days to do stuff like snorkel from shore. We can eat at our all inclusive resort for "free".

Aruba since 1979
    yrs ago, maybe 5 or 6 yrs(?)
    depalm island, pre waterpark, was "the spot to be".
    the reef was in ok shape.
    the ferry over and back was about $7 pp and that included a free beverage and i think, free rental of snorkel gear.
    we used to drive over to the parking lot at 9 am, park, ferry across, snorkel for a couple of hours, paid for a burger and a free beverage and called it a day by 1 pm.

since it has gone all inclusive and raised price 900% i am no longer a customer.

We were there mid-October and we did the half-day. This is available if you have your own transportation. The half-day is for the afternoon, beginning at noon. The cost was $72.00 per person. I do not know the cost for a child - we were two adults.