Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: De Palm Island

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park

De Palm Island

De Palm Island........worth the money or should we skip it???

De palm island is nice. myself and my husband did the sea trek which we thoroughly enjoyed. A bit scary if your a nervous person, but so glad i did it. the beach and sea are lovely on the island. if you have children then there is a water park for them. we gave that a miss.

My favorite place is Aruba, so anywhere on the island is perfect!!!
    We haven't been in the last three years mainly because they raised their prices but my husband and I had a great time when we were there. As for the waterpark, we loved it... The snorkeling is really nice, really great fish to see. The food is just OK. I would certainly go at least once. There's a lot to do.

you can buy half a day tickets so it doesn't break your bank.....we like it, especially the water slides...big kids ya know !!!!
    Make sure you go hungry, the buffet is nice, nothing special, but the food is decent.
    drinks are included so you can drink your fill.....good if you aren't driving back to hotel afterwards.....
    I say go for it and see what you think.....you don't ever have to go back if you don't like it.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    the food at depalm has improved significantly over the last year!

My favorite place is Aruba, so anywhere on the island is perfect!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the food at depalm has improved significantly over the last year!
    Thanks for the post Andrea!!! Maybe we'll consider going again this year.

We enjoyed it in Nov 2011

The buffet breakfast / lunch wasn't bad and the drinks were OK. The island was a nice getaway for the day and nicer than hanging at the Mariott IMHO.

The banana boat was nice especially after the free drinks all day. Snorkeling was a nice touch although my wife and I did bring our own fins and goggles that we bought on Amazon which was nice as it was easier to find one another at all times for our snorkeling that we did ($50-100 well spent).

Also we took SeaGold (anti-fog) with us for the goggles which was a plus. They had two times where they went out in the deep to do a snorkel excursion which was really nice as I video taped the big fish swimming with my wife using my Canon S90 and underwater housing.

We are back to Aruba on 2/21 and if we weren't scuba diving and had an extra day I think I wouldn't mind going back.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks musicman!
    i think there has been a big change in the food/beverage at depalm island since you were there in november 2011.

the big complaint used to be about the food, and now i hear good things about the food.

glad that you had a nice time there and hope that you get to go back when you arrive next week.

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by musicman27pa View Post
    The buffet breakfast / lunch wasn't bad and the drinks were OK. The island was a nice getaway for the day and nicer than hanging at the Mariott IMHO.

The banana boat was nice especially after the free drinks all day. Snorkeling was a nice touch although my wife and I did bring our own fins and goggles that we bought on Amazon which was nice as it was easier to find one another at all times for our snorkeling that we did ($50-100 well spent).

Also we took SeaGold (anti-fog) with us for the goggles which was a plus. They had two times where they went out in the deep to do a snorkel excursion which was really nice as I video taped the big fish swimming with my wife using my Canon S90 and underwater housing.

We are back to Aruba on 2/21 and if we weren't scuba diving and had an extra day I think I wouldn't mind going back.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Can anyone tell us the difference between De Palm Island and Renaissance Island? We have never tried them. It's just the wife and I. We like snorkeling, relaxing and of course eating & drinking.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Aruba since 1979
    DePalm is an all inclusive place that has full day or half day options. There is snorkeling, sun deck, kid's water park, (snuba and scuba for additional $)
    the snorkeling there is fair. lots of the reef is dead.

you'd have to go onto Depalm's site to see the pricing. it is pricey.
    over $100 pp for full day.

Renaissance
    is a non all inclusive island open only to the public as census of the 2 renaissance resorts dictate. the one day ticket gives the purchaser transportation to the island, a lunch, a mixed drink, a towel and a lounge chair for the beach. the snorkeling there is fair. the beach is lovely.
    the price is in the vicinity of $80 pp

there are shower and bathroom facilities at both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvec View Post
    Can anyone tell us the difference between De Palm Island and Renaissance Island? We have never tried them. It's just the wife and I. We like snorkeling, relaxing and of course eating & drinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast