Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: De Palm Island

Aruba since 1979
    you will have to check the cruise ship port schedule before you book depalm

suffice it to say though, july in aruba is a busy....especially those with families taking advantage of no school so i bet there are substancial crowds on depalm most of the summer.

depalm is also busy on weekends with aruba residents enjoying as well

if u need space, depalm might not be a good fit for you.

if you get there early though, 9 am and stay for 4 or 5 hrs you may be good as far as crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by copcarguyp71 View Post
    Curious how crowds are at Depalm in July or if there is a more preferable day of the week to avoid cruise crowds. It looks really nice but I am one of those people who hates being crowded in. I have been on far too many touristy snorkel tours where I spent the whole time being kicked in the head by someone elses swim fins or been packed in shoulder to shoulder on the beach....I like my personal space when on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by copcarguyp71 View Post
    Curious how crowds are at Depalm in July or if there is a more preferable day of the week to avoid cruise crowds. It looks really nice but I am one of those people who hates being crowded in. I have been on far too many touristy snorkel tours where I spent the whole time being kicked in the head by someone elses swim fins or been packed in shoulder to shoulder on the beach....I like my personal space when on vacation.
    We usually go in July or August. There are many people, but it doesn't seem to feel too crowded. I do think it is extremely important to remember that it's Aruba - go in with the attitude that it's island pace and you are on vacation - yes there will be small lines for food or drinks or the banana boat, but they move and it's nice to chat with people while waiting.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    We usually go in July or August. There are many people, but it doesn't seem to feel too crowded. I do think it is extremely important to remember that it's Aruba - go in with the attitude that it's island pace and you are on vacation - yes there will be small lines for food or drinks or the banana boat, but they move and it's nice to chat with people while waiting.
    Thanks for the advice...believe me, all I want to do is downshift! After running my own business all year I have a very limited time to shut off the laptop, cell phone and email to give my family totally dedicated time. I do not mind waiting from time to time and I do love the feeling of "island time" I just do not want a too touristy feel to whatever I do...I can get that at the Atlantic coast shore points all summer long.

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    My wife and I always visit Aruba the 1st week of July. We were at depalm island on the Friday of that week and it didn't feel crowded. We never had to wait for snorkling, waterslides, drinks or food. The only thing we waited for was the banana boat ride. That was about a 5-10 minute wait. The good thing about the banana boat is that they keep you out there for a pretty good length of time so you didn't feel like you were wasting your time waiting. I prefered the rennaisance island, but both islands have their pros and cons.
    Aruba Trip #8....March 2018..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123