Aruba Beach

Thread: De Palm Tours Reviews

De Palm Tours Reviews

Has anyone used the De Palm Tours?
    Any suggestions?
    Are Some days better than others?

The website look like this would be a fun day.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

depalm is a top notch company and gives great tours/service.

whatever tour is listed on their website i am sure is terrific.

remember though, riding around for a few hours in a large motor coach bus with 30 + others might be a bit commercial.

here is a link to a thread about tours with other options to consider......
    a private tour with one of the taxi drivers or tour companies mentioned is also a great way to see the island.

Touring the Island
    click above link touring the isalnd

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_Dowhy View Post
    Any suggestions?

After about 4 trips to Aruba, we decided we wanted a look at the "other side" of the island. We booked a half day trip through DePalm and it was great. We went to several locations; California Light, Natural Bridge, Butterfly farm, rock formations, etc., etc. and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our driver/tour guide was very informative and passionate about his home island. I'm sure he told us about things we would never have known by taking a map and our rental and heading out. We were picked up and dropped off at the Surf Club and the tour lasted about 5 or so hours. There are several private tours available from many of the taxi drivers mentioned on the forum. We haven't tried any of them yet, but most folks hold them in high regard. If this is your first trip to the island, you may enjoy a more commercialized experience.

Any suggestions?
    We took a 2-stop Red Sail snorkeling cruise and noticed the De Palm catamaran was right next to us all the way -- but we were paying about $10 less a person on Red Sail. (On the other hand, we don't drink, so if the De Palm bar was better, we wouldn't have cared.)

Angry Beware of false pricing

Any suggestions?

I visited De Palm Island on 12/28/12 with my wife and two daughters. I purchased the tickets on 12/26 from Renaissance Aruba Resort concierge. The De Palm representative gave me two prices - $356 for half day, and $406 for full day. I almost purchased the full day tickets when she suggested to try half day, and if needed, I can upgrade to full day at the Island by paying the difference. I confirmed with her three different times that I will be charged only the difference, specifically calling out $50 difference. She confirmed all three times, also mentioned that they can call her if there is any problem.

On the day of our tour, I went to the office at the Island to upgrade. I was told that I will have to pay close to $80 for the upgrade. The office person looked at me as if I am lying when I mentioned the upgrade price that De Palm representative told me at the hotel. Island office person called hotel rep when I insisted, but at that time hotel rep also changed lines and refused that she ever told me that upgrade will be $50. I felt so disgusted by the treatment of both staff members. They treated me as if I am trying to lie my way into a free ride. I will never use De Palm tour services again. I advise you to get the pricing in writing with rep's signature to avoid cheating by these folks.