Aruba Beach

Thread: Deep Sea Fishing Sat 2/23 or Sun 2/24 -- Couples charter

Smile Deep Sea Fishing Sat 2/23 or Sun 2/24 -- Couples charter

Hi,

My wife and I are back on the island and looking to do a 4 or 8 hour fishing charter on this excursion.

Typical fishing charter accommodates 6 people (up to 3 couples).

$400 for 4 hr / $800 8 hours --- total charter (looking to split between 2-3 couples). We are flexible on the date (Sat or Sun) and flexible on the 4/8 hour trip.

We are late 30s / early 40s looking for one or two fun couples to split the tab on a fishing charter on Sat or Sun 2/23 or 2/24.

This charter does clean and prep the catch at a nearby restaurant so you can enjoy your catch for dinner that evening which sounds like a nice experience -- there is a $17/fee for the entree including sides and prep .

Contact me at musicman27pa at yahoo dot com or drop me a line on here if interested. Here is one of the charters we were looking at.

Driftwood I
    Half Day Trips:
    8:00am - 12:00am or 1:00pm - 5:00pm
    Includes: Captain, mate, all fishing equipment, bait, sodas and bottled water.
    For up to six persons: US$ 400

Full Day Trips:
    8:00am - 4:00pm
    Includes: Captain, Mate, all fishing equipment, bait, sodas, sandwiches and snacks.
    For up to six persons: US$ 800

Aruba since 1979
    Driftwood runs a top notch fishing trip and the restaurant is excellent

Hope you find some fishing partners

Welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Thanks -- I saw they had some good reviews on Tripadvisor and hoping to add deep sea fishing to our action packed return to the island along with some scuba diving and other activities.

Good luck on your fishing charter. Most restaurants will do the same and cook it for you. Stop by the marina by the Ren. every now and then. The charters dont do shares but you may be able to meet other people walking around asking the same questions that want to do the same.
    Have fun!
    Sean and Susan

Talking I'll keep that in mind

Thanks for the advice...

Perhaps we will bump into some folks there although it does help to plan in advance with it being peak season and trying to make the most to maximize our second excursion to the island. So keeping our fingers crossed that we can put something together in advance.

I am pretty sure this one will be our last though as we have too many bucket list places to go so it is surprising that we decided to come back to Aruba 15 months after our last visit.

FP.

Hey MUSICMAN, if you go fishing and catch some fish you will be back. We just booked our 4 th time to Aruba. We have never been anywhere 4 times! We cant say enough about Eagle Beach and the fishing. We rent a car so we get around alot to explore different places to snorkel and eat. I agree about trying to set it up the fishing ahead of time if you can. Wahoo are a blast to catch. The tuna is just the right size. The giant grouper are huge in Aruba! We feel if you dont get out on the water, eat at some of the local places and see some of the off the beaten parts of Aruba you are missing a beautiful part of this Island. The locals make the experience!
    Good Luck,
    Sean and Susan

Thumbs up Probably looking to do a 4 hour stint (1-5PM) versus 8 hour

Congrats on your 4 times -- pretty sure two is our limit based on other limitations.

This excursion is probably a $5K excursion for us (adds up quickly) and to be honest my bucket list is long and unfortunately my vacation time and budget is limited like most people so I am pretty certain this is the last time (before considering where we want to live when we retire one day).

I have at least 15-17 years worth of destination trips before retirement (Italy/Germany/Austria, Hawaii, two places in Canada, other Caribbean islands, US destinations, UK, Africa, Alaska, etc) that are further up on the list after this second round in Aruba.

But definitely planning on making the most of this trip with scuba, fishing, boating and other activities. We live in the Northeast so charter fishing in MD and NJ is always an option if we can't put a fishing trip together. Chartered a nice trip this past summer in OC, MD.