Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Deep see fishing on Aruba

Best Charter Fishing trip

We will be in Aruba, 10 of us, in November (can't wait). The guys want to do a 1/2 day deep sea fishing trip. I've read about Kenny's Toy, Paradice Charters, but what is the BEST deep sea fishing boat to go on? Is there a web site that list them all?

Thank you!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    While there 3 weeks ago I did some investigating asking everyone I knew what boats where good...the general answer I got was DRIFTWOOD...yes, same as the restaurant. The prices quoted to me varied from 350-400 for a boat of 4 people. Apparently your catch is cooked for you in the restaurant for a minimal fee...We walked and talked with every boat docked one morning...

When in November are you going? I will be down there then as well. I have never had much luck fishing in November and I have tried a few different charters. I would reccomend Keeny's Toy, that would be the my choice if I decided to trawl the deep for some fish. I think this year we are going to try the bottom fishing on the reef or wreck, I think the action will be much better.

I have heard good things about the Driftwood as well, so I have to agree with CindyO.

We will be there Nov 10 for a week!! Can't wait!

That's not good news you don't have good luck fishing in Nov though!!

Offshore Fishing

During our vacation to Aruba we would like to go offshore to fish. Can anyone suggest a captain to charter with? We are going to be there in early october and i was curious as to whether or not the seas and/or fishing would be favorable.

Thanks ahead of time. I know we still have a long time before we travel, but i enjoy researching stuff and reading about different things.

Dom
    I hope you have a strong stomach. The water is very rough and if you are subject to sea sickness, fishing is probably not a good idea. I love to salt water fish, but I would not even attempt it in Aruba because I do get sea sick in rough water. If you do go, you may want to try the Driftwood boat. The owner also owns the Driftwood restaurant and they will cook up any fish you catch at the restaurant on the evening that you catch it. You can't get much fresher fish than that. Good luck.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

I am quite familiar with rough(er) seas. I fish offshore of texas quite a bit, and a regular day during the high seasion is 2 to 4 foot swells. How would you say the waters around Aruba relate to this? I have been out in very rough seas before and been fine (6 to 8 ft) but i dont want to "test" my wife in a situation that is no fun for anyone.

thanks in advance!

Arubalisa, your a gem!

I seriously need to make an "arubalisa app" for my iphone to carry around with me! Just a wealth of info, thanks!

Thank you. You are very welcome.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast