Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DePalm Island

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21

    DePalm Island

    Hi...Been to DePalm only once several yrs ago through DePalm Tours. Is there a way to just drive, park, ferry and do your own thing on the island? There's someplace you can rent gear to snorkel, a place to eat & drink, facilities to use? Cost?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    http://www.depalm.com/de_palm_island/de_palm_island.html

    According to their website:

    "The best snorkeling spot on Aruba: beautiful coral reefs and tropical fish.
    • Exclusive "Home" of the friendly Blue parrotfish.
    • Water park including six water-slides and over 70 family fun water features.
    • All-inclusive food & beverage.
    • White sandy beaches, lounge chairs & cabanas.
    • Snorkeling equipment & instructions.
    • Entertainment activities.
    • General facitlities, changing rooms and showers.
    • Roundtrip ferry-boat between Port De palm at Aruba and De Palm Island."
    De Palm Island By Bus (fullday)
    Price: USD $93.00 / 46.50
    Departure: 9:00 a.m.
    Duration: 8 Hrs
    Days: Daily

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    http://www.depalm.com/de_palm_island/de_palm_island.html

    According to their website:

    "The best snorkeling spot on Aruba: beautiful coral reefs and tropical fish.
    • Exclusive "Home" of the friendly Blue parrotfish.
    • Water park including six water-slides and over 70 family fun water features.
    • All-inclusive food & beverage.
    • White sandy beaches, lounge chairs & cabanas.
    • Snorkeling equipment & instructions.
    • Entertainment activities.
    • General facitlities, changing rooms and showers.
    • Roundtrip ferry-boat between Port De palm at Aruba and De Palm Island."
    De Palm Island By Bus (fullday)
    Price: USD $93.00 / 46.50
    Departure: 9:00 a.m.
    Duration: 8 Hrs
    Days: Daily

    I don't want to use a tour operator...I want to know if it's possible to just drive to that area, park, ferry over and do our own thing (snorkel, lay around, eat, drink) all same 'ol just at a diff area of Aruba. Thanks for the other info tho. I think it's what we did several yrs ago, or similiar. We did the half day thing w/the jeep tour as well. Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    If you are asking to use the boat and island free of charge, the answer is no. You have to buy the "pass" to get on the island, regardless of whether you take their bus to the ferry or drive yourself to the ferry. Without buying the "pass" you cannot even get aboard the ferry.

    To snorkel for "free" you are much better off just heading up to Malmok/Boca Catalina and slipping into the water there at one of the coves.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    If you are asking to use the boat and island free of charge, the answer is no. You have to buy the "pass" to get on the island, regardless of whether you take their bus to the ferry or drive yourself to the ferry. Without buying the "pass" you cannot even get aboard the ferry.

    To snorkel for "free" you are much better off just heading up to Malmok/Boca Catalina and slipping into the water there at one of the coves.
    Right, I understand....so therefore we drive our car and park at ferry. Buy the pass for the ferry and can spend however long we want and do what we wish on the island. Of course if we want to snorkel, eat or drink we have to pay additional to the facilities on the island? The ferry pass is just that, a pass to ride from point A to point B? How often does the ferry commute back and fourth?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    The pass is all inclusive and includes use of the entire island:

    Water park including six water-slides and over 70 family fun water features.
    All-inclusive food & beverage.
    White sandy beaches, lounge chairs & cabanas.
    Snorkeling equipment & instructions.
    Entertainment activities.
    General facitlities, changing rooms and showers.
    Roundtrip ferry-boat between Port De palm at Aruba and De Palm Island."

  7. #7
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    For additional info on De Palm Island, also see:
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/de+palm+island.html

  8. #8
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by merishka View Post
    Hi...Been to DePalm only once several yrs ago through DePalm Tours. Is there a way to just drive, park, ferry and do your own thing on the island? There's someplace you can rent gear to snorkel, a place to eat & drink, facilities to use? Cost?
    Thanks.
    You cannot purchase just the ferry to the island. The island is all-inclusive. You need to buy the pass. The ferry takes about 10 mins. and run contineous. If you miss one ferry, you would have to wait about 1/2 hour for the next ferry.


    When I went, we drove ourself. If you drive, adult admission is $85 full day (9 am-5:30 pm); $75. for 1/2 day (12 noon-5:30 pm). Children are 1/2 price ages 3-12. Under 3 free. Plus 3% tax. Includes all food and drinks. There are 2 places to eat. The buffet (1/2 way decent food) and a place with hot dogs, burgers, fries. Snorkel gear is included.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 10-09-2008 at 03:35 PM.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO