Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: depalm island

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach

depalm island

I am asking if anyone can give me some infomation on depalm island i have a 10 year old and a 7 year old both are very active is it worth the money and is a full day to long for the kids and how busy is it during the week
    thanks scott

Aruba since 1979
    it is very busy on weekends AND also when there is more than 1 cruise ship in.

a weekday morning, no cruise ships in.............could be less than 100 people there
    weekday afternoons...........multiply that by 2 or more
    weekends.......multiply by 4 or 5?
    (disclosure...i am checking with my friend that works there and she can give me a better guesstimate on the #'s. if she disagrees with my numbers i will change them.

that being said.............(putting the pricing aside) it is a wonderful adventure for the family. if the children are snorkelers there is some good snorkeling with very large parrot fish (although the reef is pretty dead) , but in order to get them snorkeling you will have to drage them away from the pretty cool waterpark that is intended for kids in that age bracket...and maybe a little younger too.

now the cost........it is HIGH priced.
    but..lunch and beverages all inclusive and a full day of entertainment for the kidlets.
    a half day ticket is not half priced, but is a discount over a full day.
    but, the half day is for the afternoon.

weigh out the pricing.
    if this is to be "the big splurge" of your week and you can afford it, then i see no issues with your kids being bored.
    i forsee very tired and sunburned kids after a day there.
    SUNBLOCK 50 for all
    and tons of hydration for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    I am asking if anyone can give me some infomation on depalm island i have a 10 year old and a 7 year old both are very active is it worth the money and is a full day to long for the kids and how busy is it during the week
    thanks scott

I think your kids would really enjoy the island and the waterpark and the banana boat rides. We also saw lots of iguanas, pelicans, and Andrea said the snorkeling was good. We mainly went so we could do the sea trek - which was really fun! We went just as an adult couple, no kids. We enjoyed a couple drinks and the food was just okay. After a few times snorkeling, we did get a little bored, and just decided to eat the cost and leave a few hours early. I don't think that will be the issue for you. We did the full day since the price wasn't too much more than the 1/2 day. The water taxi driver called a cab for us and we were on our way. The cost of the taxi to Marriott Surf was high, but if you rent a car that won't be an issue for you either.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    Thank you Andrea and Tracey we are on the island know and I will see if what the family wants to do but it sounds like it would be a good time

Last time we went we had kids aged 18, 16, 9, & 7 and they all had a blast! So did all the adults Enjoy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We went with our teenage son a few years ago. We took a boat trip there and a bus back to the Surf Club. It was a little more $ with the boat ride but it added to the experience. We loved the snorkeling at Depalm. My son had a blast on the banana boats. The food was typical buffet food but was fine. We would definitely do this again.

We asked about the boat trip there last year and they weren't offering it the week we were there for some reason. I am not sure if they still do the boat or not. Our only option was the bus ride. We booked through the DePalm rep at our hotel. I am wondering Scott, did your family go and if so, how was your experience.

So we are talking about doing this for a day as well as the snuba. Do they have lockers to put your belongings in on the island?

They do have lockers, there is a reasonable fee for them. I can't remember what it was though. We did the Sea Trek and had a good time. Keep in mind if you do the Sea Treak or Snuba, you cannot have alcohol prior to doing it. Its a first come first served sign up and some of the groups didn't go out until the afternoon. Some may feel they are not getting the full "all inclusive" value in these cases.

Good to know! We like to drink!!! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast