Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diving course?

Diving course?

Hi! Does anybody know if and where I could take a fast scuba diving course, that ends up with a licence? Maybe 4 days or so, and possibly close to Eagle Beach. Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/ThingstoDo/Sear...x?bc=excursion
    check out the above link

my son took his certification courses on aruba with UNIQUE sports and they were terrific!

It could be done with a cooperative dive operator. I took my open water diver and advanced open water in a matter of 6 days (in Jamaica). Be forewarned it will not seem like a vacation. You will eat, sleep, breath, and dream diving for your four days.

PADI now offers online "eLearning" training to get you started before you even arrive on the island. http://www.padi.com/elearning-scuba-...l/owinfoen.htm
    By taking the course online, once you arrive in Aruba you will only need to complete your in water training and testing.

There are links to dive operators at http://www.aruba.com/ThingstoDo/Activities/Scuba_Diving.aspx
    My then 10 year old dd took a discover scuba course with Aruba watersports and we were extremely happy with their patience, attention to safety and overall professionalism.

We went with Jads when we were there in October. They picked us up at the Surf Club & we had the best day!! My husband is not a diver & JP had him down to 35 feet for almost 35 minutes!! The pictures were awesome!!

Aruba since 1979
    i hear good things about JADS, 'cept they are all the way down at baby beach area.

I also heard good things about Jads , but used Unique because it was much closer to where we were staying.

Aruba since 1979
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    I also heard good things about Jads , but used Unique because it was much closer to where we were staying.

Jads would be my pick to dive. Have been divivng with them for the last 2 years and have only the BEST things to say about them. Have gone with other dive shops, and have determined that Jads really cares about you and your safety....counting the days till our next dive with jads.( yea, the shop is down at baby beach, but they will pick you up , no problem!! Learn to dive, it's a whole new world underwater!!!!! enjoy
    Last edited by arubacandy; 11-20-2010 at 01:02 PM.

You might want to check out aqua windies, they're located at Eagle Beach next to the hospital, they have very good and patient instructors and their own 80 ft pool

I did my online coursework via Padi.com, then did my four open water dives in two days with Red Sail. They will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. I had my own instructor and she was fantastic. I now have my advanced open water certification, also through Red Sail and have worked with a number of their instructors over the last couple years. I also recently paid for my father to get his online coursework and will be taking him to red sail when he's ready for the dives. They catch a lot of flack for being busy when the cruise ships are in town, but you will get the undivided attention of your instructor when getting certified.

If you have any questions about the e-learning course, let me know. I used it for both my open water and advanced open water certs. I'm sure there are a number of quality instructors on the island and my endorsement of Red Sail is in no way a knock against the others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast