Aruba Beach

Thread: Diving trips

Diving trips

What company seems to be the best value for diving? We would like to do a few locations if possible.

I've done something like30 or 40 with Red Sail Sports. Last time I checked the prices were as low as anyone with a website. They only do boat dives as well, no slogging through the surf or long swims to the site.

If you like reefs, they do Arashi and Blue Reef on the west coast and The Fingers, Barcadera, Sponge, Kantil and Harbor Reefs on the south side. For wrecks you have Pedernales and Antilla on the west, Jane C, Renaissance airplanes and others on the south side.

I just finished another five dives with them this week, tell them I said hello if you book with them.

JADS is the BEST on the Island !!!
    Remember, you get what you pay for!!

Quote Originally Posted by arubacandy View Post
    JADS is the BEST on the Island !!!
    Remember, you get what you pay for!!
    I tried to give them business twice and was treated very rudely each time. I don't plan on making a third attempt.

Mermaid

I have dived more than 20 times with Mermaid Divers. Their package prices are the lowest I found. I find their divemasters friendly and competent. These guys have logged thousands of dives.

Aruba since 1979
    mermaid rarely gets mentioned on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    I have dived more than 20 times with Mermaid Divers. Their package prices are the lowest I found. I find their divemasters friendly and competent. These guys have logged thousands of dives.

Dive Aruba and Unique both great operaters

diving

I got certified in Aruba with Red Sail Sports and enjoyed that experience as well. They have appeared to have a lot of turn over with their dive staff which is not necessarily a bad sign. I sense that some divemasters get bored diving in one place too long and relocate to another part of the world.

With regard to Mermaid Divers, I can say that I've seen several repeat customers over the years. I think the attraction is the personalities of their divemasters. They go out of their way to locate marine life. We have passed around octopi, starfish and other fish I cannot name.

I just got certified a few months ago and Wendies, Jads and Unique with Jeff are the 3 I like. The best diving is to the south. That is really nice and if you are brave, some of them do night dives. I really like that. Its a whole different world down there at night. I spend about 6 months on Aruba now so I already have about 40 dives in total with day and night. We have also been doing alot of diving on our own. Its alot cheaper that way if you are going to do as many dives as me. Have a great time. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017